more diving

do you pay for diving

• Yes i pay everytime I go diving (i.e with a company or charter)

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • I seldom use companies to dive

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I sometimes go with jus a buddy

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • I NEVER pay to dive

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • I dont really care

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PC area i dive my own boat. on vacation I do liveaboards,. ie payed. Dive often and enjoy

I try to get out on a charter once a month or so ... because there are some killer dive sites that are only accessible by boat ... but most of my dives are shore dives.

Lots to be said for having a nice dive site just 2.5 miles from home ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I do the occasional charter, but most of my dives originate from the back of my truck. It's what I didn't like about Cozumel - you had to be on a charter boat to dive (mostly). I like the independence of shore or private boat diving.

I go on vacation next month, and I'll do 12 shore dives and one day on a charter.

I probably do 40 shore dives for every dive off a boat. Even in Maui, I shore dive more than I charter dive these days.

Typically, I either have to pay quarry entry fees or lake/ocean charter fees. I've done a grand total of 2 free dives (Monterey shore dives) out of my 39 logged so far.

I operate a charter boat on Lake Michigan, so most of the time I dive from my own boat. I also pay to dive when I go out on other charter boats, which I do both on the Great Lakes and in more remote locations.

I estimate about even thirds...
1/3 Charter--usually Gulf of Mexico or Carib
1/3 Free dives-local lakes, rivers, and such...
1/3 "paid entrance" dives--quarries and scuba parks.

Hmmm...Those last two may be lopsided. I probably have more free dives than paid entrance. I would have to count to be sure.

Whatever, I can honestly say that ANY dive I've made has been worth the price.

Ok . . . makes more sense now . . . I pay to dive more than I dive for free (wish it was the opposite). The only time I get a "freebie" is when I guide or assist with a class or do a beach dive. I do have a frequent diver card with one of the ops / 10th dive is "free".

Terri

In the past got paid for diving more than I dove for free. I have paid for diving, but it's rare since I've rarely have had extra money to afford boat charters.

Lately I've been diving for free, but am about to start a job where I'll be getting paid to dive again.

Back
Top Bottom