Morrison and Vortex Springs 7-21 & Morrison 7-22-7 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pictures. We really enjoyed your company and the RDale sausages.

MM and I will be back at Vortex Friday afternoon and Saturday morning doing a private class and then we are off the Panama City for afternoon boat on Saturday and Morning boat on Sunday.

I can't quite make out from the picture, is the pier above the "talkbox" fenced off from public access now? Can you only enter from the two steps now?

I have got to give up this unnatural reliance on work and go diving!!

wjefferis:
I can't quite make out from the picture, is the pier above the "talkbox" fenced off from public access now? Can you only enter from the two steps now?

I and many others walked past the fence over to the pier and nothing was said.

Yoda those are great pictures as always!

The floating dock is beyond the fence and as a family of three walked toward it near the water, some guy fussed at them. Possibly one of their group - he didn't identify himself.

Wow!! Great reports and great pics!! Thanks for the updates on Vortex!! Vortex is where I did alot of my first dives when newly certified. It is a good place to practice skills before moving on to larger springs, quarries and the gulf.

Great report Mat, wonderful report BP/W buddy and as always... great pictures Yoda!

Morrison > Vortex

(Even though I've never dove in Vortex. :p)

Michael

Wow, weird fence at Vortex! so you can't get to the floating dive platform some of the time when the fence is closed, I take it?

Hi! Have posted before about going to Ginnie Springs around Aug. 5th but the wife and I decided it may be to far a drive from Pensicola so we thought we would go to Vortex. My sister-n-law who lives in Pensicola heard Vortex was closed do to an algae problem but from your post here it is open, great! We are leaving to go down to Pensicola Sat. and hopr to go do some diving next week. Couple of questions
1) any other locations that might be a good spot for first time Florida divers:)D ) in the Pensicola area?
2) is Vortex opened on weekdays?
3) we will be bringing down our own gear except tanks and weights, are there rentals
and fills on sight?
Thanks for any further info that would help on our first trip to Florida!!

heliflyer:
Hi! Have posted before about going to Ginnie Springs around Aug. 5th but the wife and I decided it may be to far a drive from Pensicola so we thought we would go to Vortex. My sister-n-law who lives in Pensicola heard Vortex was closed do to an algae problem but from your post here it is open, great! We are leaving to go down to Pensicola Sat. and hopr to go do some diving next week. Couple of questions
1) any other locations that might be a good spot for first time Florida divers:)D ) in the Pensicola area?
2) is Vortex opened on weekdays?
3) we will be bringing down our own gear except tanks and weights, are there rentals
and fills on sight?
Thanks for any further info that would help on our first trip to Florida!!

http://www.vortexspring.com/

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom