Mubarak resigns!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Egyptian brothers, tonight i celebrate with u...

What u accomplished is amazing, absolutely amazing....

Let us hope that now you will form a future that will wipe out poverty and illiteracy from your beautiful people....

I cannot wait to travel to Hurghada next month!

I think that it is up to the Egyptians to call their country what they want. This is part of democracy. Power be to the people.

This is the most exciting and memorable moment in my life other than the birth of my sons. I am fortunate to be living it now.

What you are witnessing is an peaceful overthrow of a government and now there is a power vacuum. Who or what takes power is yet undetermined. Mid eastern history suggests democracy Egypt will be unlikely, but we all can be hopeful.

Mabrook to all, lets hope something sensible follows and the country gets back onto its feet soon.

Congratulations Egypt!!!

What a incredible thing to watch unfold. A nonviolent revolution organized on Twitter and Facebook overthrowing a regime that has been in place for 30 years. AMAZING!!

What you are witnessing is an peaceful overthrow of a government and now there is a power vacuum. Who or what takes power is yet undetermined. Mid eastern history suggests democracy Egypt will be unlikely, but we all can be hopeful.

The Middle East in the past never had access to the communications tools we or the "Al-Jazeera" and the like we have today. People are FAR more educated and aware of their rights and the type of the life they want to live and entitled to than what was possible in the past.

My concern is not what is going to happen in Egypt but more who is next in the neighborhood.

Everyone from this side of the pond wishes you all the best and pray that this will work out in the best interest of the citizens of Egypt.

The Middle East in the past never had access to the communications tools we or the "Al-Jazeera" and the like we have today. People are FAR more educated and aware of their rights and the type of the life they want to live and entitled to than what was possible in the past.

My concern is not what is going to happen in Egypt but more who is next in the neighborhood.

So, what is Egypt going to do with those still in parliament.

Thank you all my friends and fellow divers... people are very happy in the streets... there are thousands of celebrating points.. around each tank or army check point people are celebrating.. seems no curfew for tonight :)

As for the future, so far all seems good. the first statement from the army says that they are not an alternative of the regime that people want and he urged people to help them build and fix things as they need to get back to their barracks as soon as possible...

I have trust in the army and we will all be working for building a better democratic Egypt.

Some question was about the country new name.. I think my country will always be Egypt or in full ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT ... if people want an islamic country it will be through democratic elections and through a political party (similar to the christian democrat party in germany for example) ... so what we will hopefully have is a clean system that allows people to choose what they want and allows people to question and assess their government actions...

PROUD to be EGYPTIAN

So, what is Egypt going to do with those still in parliament.

I don't know what they are going to do but I hope that they end up eradicating all remnants of the regime and go about rebuilding their country and their democracy. Tunisia appears to be doing just that.

There are many successful revolutions in what used to be the communist block that would provide inspiration and hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom