My first Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think they are made any more but the Mares M2 is about $200 US and still found a lot of places online. Good basic nitrox computer. Uses 2 AAA batteries which I remove after each dive trip as I am a twice a year diver too.

It's not pretty and some find it hard to program but I've never had any problem.

You also can't go wrong with the Gekko. Much nicer display. I think it has a user replaceable battery. More money though.

My wife and I found it to be a complete nightmare trying to navigate the Mares programs. We hated them so much that we traded them in for the VEO's.

The buttons were also pretty difficult to use.

You also can't go wrong with the Gekko. Much nicer display. I think it has a user replaceable battery

Yes, it does. Vyper as well

Dive Rite Nitek Duo or one of the Seiko base 2 gas computers (Zeagle N2ition, Tusa IQ700, Cressi Arquimedes, etc). Great wrist computer for around $350.

This is a good computer that is extremely easy to use, I have the Dive Rite. I download all my dives and send them to DAN PDE. I've not yet used the 2 mix option but will. Interesting the prices vary so much. As an example, at scuba.com: Cressi Archimedes II $280, Zeagle $360, Tusa $390, Dive Rite $445. I don't pretend to understand the wide price range on the same Seiko computer.

Back
Top Bottom