My First Spearfishing Trip!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report denise! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Sounds like you had a good time Denise! :wink:

Thanks guys!! It was quite an experience. Brandy's friend Clay said he had a much smaller gun I could try next time and if the vis is alot better I may actually give it a try. :D I will try to warn everyone beforehand so you will know to stay out of the water. :wink:

Of course we had to have a post dive "de-briefing" so we picked up Wendy and hit McGuire's and low and behold it was Lady's Night with free drinks for the Lady's!! Wow what a blast!! I had a great time. It was great to see Halftime there and I met a bunch of Pensacola divers I won't even begin to try to name all of them but it was great meeting all of you!!

Ok, as a guy on deployment from the PCola area, if I hear about one more Filet or Irish Wake I missed, I'll just scream!!!!

Can't wait to hit the big O, but great report! Thanks for sharing :) as I just bought my first speargun and short of killing as many lionfish as I can in the next week, I won't use it until someone who's pretty good at doing so does first.

It is truly an awesome site to see them. They loaded those multiple bands on those huge guns, snagged one, put it on the ring and was going after another one so fast I couldn't even keep up and I was only watching. :D
You definitely missed an awesome Irish Pub festivity. It was standing room only. We met up with some divers in the area and when we finally got to sit down there was about 20 of us sitting together at two tables and you should have heard all the tales being told. :D.

Congrats Denise! I'm glad you are enjoying your "tech gear". :)

Michael

I love my gear. I would never want to go back to my old configuration. :)

I love my gear. I would never want to go back to my old configuration. :)

Ahh, you have graduated! :)

Michael

Glad to hear you had a good time Denise

Soon the salties will win you back from the "dark side" and you'll be wearing regular gear and putting your 9 foot regulator hoses up for sale on e-bay.

I must admit it was a treat to get back into salt water. I haven't been in the ocean since November. But I have no problem with redundancy and an octo(whatever that is) right below my mouth where I can find it 133ft deep :D Brandy said my trim looked good and I was gliding in the water.:satisfied:

Denise looks awesome in the water thanks to her cave training :)

Yes :D Exceptional training. It really does make alot of difference in your comfort level, situational awareness, trim and diving skills. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom