MY WIFEs BCD - brand new and she said she's uncomfortable in it - HERE's Why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First post by the OP, and hasn't been back to post since? Marketing research?

This is an awesome BC. The freedom of movement is unbelievable. The only problem that I had was that the tank was still too long. Move it up, it hit my head. Move it down my tailbone so I went and got a steel 80 which is 6 inches shorter! I can't wait to get it in the water! I am 5'3", large busted but petite and short waisted. Scubatoys will custom make the BC and you can return it if it does not feel right.

My wife is very petite and purchased a Mares Kaila in the small size and had issues. She traded it in for the extra small and has been a totally happy diver since. Does your dive shop carry the Mares as well?

This statement makes no sense. If it fits then it will be comfortable and it is the best choice.

People can use whatever BC they like, but some are simply better than others.

Sorry, fit does not equal comfort in my book. Think thong underwear..... :no::shakehead:

But in my case with a BP/W, I was fitted into one and hated the way the shoulder webbing and crotch strap felt. The backplate felt hard and unmoveable on my back, and bothered me. I also didn't like how difficult it was to get in and out of, and things only got worse when a tank was added.

I will stand by my opinion that there simply isn't any ONE piece of gear that is for everyone.

I am a small diver too. 5'3, 110lbs. When I started diving I wanted a weight integrated BCD with an airsource. I tried several BCD and finally went with an XS Seaquest Diva, not the Diva LX...the LX is bigger and bulkier and I felt like that kid in Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down!!" I dove the heck out of that Diva (400+ dives) and still have it as a back up. I currently dive a size small ScubaPro Lady Hawk but I readily admit the Diva was more comfortable. I went with the Lady Hawk because we do do some cavern diving and the back inflation works better for that. Also, get her some HP Steel 80 cu ft tanks. The small tanks make a world of difference! Worth every penny.

If she likes the Hera, just not the fit, they make that in an XS ... my wife is a lil' bit larger than yours but wears an XS and loves it.

NO! no marketing research here! as you can see from my profile, new to this. new to diving. I really do appreciate all of the responses, and my wife is very happy with all of the ideas given here by so many members. I dont participate much with forums, but more and more doing so. How much has scuba equipment evolved in terms of how you wear a damn tank on your back? I think Id hang myself before limiting my career on researching ways to strap a tank on the back of a female torso.

Back
Top Bottom