Naked chick needs help with booty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I'm not naked. But I wanted to make sure my post got everyone's attention this time around :D

I'll be doing mostly warm water diving in a 3/2 mil wetsuit and probably also just a skin. I need to buy booties for my SP Jetfins and I can't decide between the low and the high boots. I'll be doing 99% of the dives from boats. Caribbean diving in the summer mostly.

Do the low boots have a tendency to slip off when removing fins or do they do a good job of super gluing themselves to your foot?

I saw one pair made by--Tilo I think--that was a slightly higher low boot but not a full blown tall one. Is one style preferred over the other?

Thanks

I've been using a low-cut booty since I started diving, but will make the change to hi-cut ones. I've gotten my fair share of abrasions as my fin straps kept riding above my booty. Hope this helps! eyebrow

Go with the higher booties. They will protect your heels from chaffing (spelling?) from the fin straps. They will also definitely not slip off when removing fins. For the warm water diving you intend doing, any good manufacturer's 3mm bootie should do the job.

scubamickey:
I need to buy booties for my SP Jetfins and I can't decide between the low and the high boots. I'll be doing 99% of the dives from boats. Caribbean diving in the summer mostly.

I actually use Oceanic Venture 5mm boots with my Jetfins (yes, in warm water) - I find the 3mm version too thin (although they are perfect for my Apollo Bio-fin Pros).

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_boots_venture.html

Yep, 5mm High Booties for me, even diving here in Thailand, 3mm just a bit to thin

I agree, high booties. No ankle gap; may help reduce water exchange too with the overlap, though I wear my wetsuit leg openings over the booties.

I use 5mm booties, even with a 1mm Microprene wetsuit... because I do both shore and boat diving, and the thickness gives a bit more protection while wading.

--Marek

High tops. Looks sleeker. Pull wet suit over bootie tops to prevent water from entering bootie as you kick and this may even have some small beneficial effect on movement through water. If nothing else it looks better.

scubamickey:
OK, I'm not naked. But I wanted to make sure my post got everyone's attention this time around :D

I'll be doing mostly warm water diving in a 3/2 mil wetsuit and probably also just a skin. I need to buy booties for my SP Jetfins and I can't decide between the low and the high boots. I'll be doing 99% of the dives from boats. Caribbean diving in the summer mostly.

Do the low boots have a tendency to slip off when removing fins or do they do a good job of super gluing themselves to your foot?

I saw one pair made by--Tilo I think--that was a slightly higher low boot but not a full blown tall one. Is one style preferred over the other?

Thanks

OK that was just WRONG!! Maybe even cruel!:D

With a thread title like that you expect a straight answer on booty choices???
HA!
On the bright side, your thread doesn't require the moderation its title implies it would :)
Rick

Back
Top Bottom