Narrowing down the computer search...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the digital compass in it. Pretty cool feature. It has allot more bells a whisltes then the Mares nemos sport and the gekko, at quite a bit more. But like the gekko it is pretty easy to read the info.

I like the digital compass in it. Pretty cool feature. It has allot more bells a whisltes then the Mares nemos sport and the gekko, at quite a bit more. But like the gekko it is pretty easy to read the info.

What I didn't like about the Gekko was the inability to download to my computer (a feature I think I will enjoy) and that you couldn't change the RGBM. I feel like I am looking at two levels of products and want something inbetween.

What I didn't like about the Gekko was the inability to download to my computer (a feature I think I will enjoy) and that you couldn't change the RGBM. I feel like I am looking at two levels of products and want something inbetween.

If you really want to have an adjustable algorithm, the sunnto would not be the computer for you. Now knowing what you are looking for, the Manta or Geo would better meet what you are look for.

I have a VT3 with the download stuff, I have to admit I really never use it. I dive for fun.

If you really want to have an adjustable algorithm, the sunnto would not be the computer for you. Now knowing what you are looking for, the Manta or Geo would better meet what you are look for.

I have a VT3 with the download stuff, I have to admit I really never use it. I dive for fun.

Well the guy in the store said essentially if you put the RGBM to 50 (on the Vyper or Vytek not Gekko or some others) it will make it equivalent to other computers as far as "conservative vs not conservative" goes.

Basically my thoughts were...
Wrist mount
Nitrox
non-AI
computer download (+/-)
self replaceable battery (+/-)
not conservative but not necessarily aggressive algor. or changable

I appreciate your honesty about the computer program. In theroy I think I would like it but it may be one of those things where the novelty wears off in 2 seconds flat...like my IPod lol.

Well the guy in the store said essentially if you put the RGBM to 50 (on the Vyper or Vytek not Gekko or some others) it will make it equivalent to other computers as far as "conservative vs not conservative" goes.

Basically my thoughts were...
Wrist mount
Nitrox
non-AI
computer download (+/-)
self replaceable battery (+/-)
not conservative but not necessarily aggressive algor. or changable

I appreciate your honesty about the computer program. In theroy I think I would like it but it may be one of those things where the novelty wears off in 2 seconds flat...like my IPod lol.

To be honest, no matter what the guy at the lds tells you, a sunnto or any rgb will not be as liberal as the oceanic prdc algorithm. You can only make sunnto more conservative, not less. I have dive with some that had sunnto gekko and D6 and my vt3 would give about 10 min of bottom time. Well good luck on your search.

Last edited:
good luck on your search and you're doing it the proper way.

To be honest, no matter what the guy at the lds tells you, a sunnto or any rgb will not be as liberal as the oceanic prdc algorithm. You can only make sunnto more conservative, not less. I have dive with some that had sunnto gekko and D6 and my vt3 would give about 10 min of bottom time. Well good luck on your search.

Hmmm ok TY. I understand what you are saying. I am still hanging on to the Manta as #1 and right now the vyper 2 is on the short list until research more. I think I have ruled out the Gekko and the Nemo Sport. Thanks for being so patient with me !

good luck on your search and you're doing it the proper way.

Thanks...I was really lucky to find this board because after reading the millions of computer threads, I had learned enough to post reasonable questions and knew a little when I went into the shop.

1 question.. any reason why you're leaning towards a wrist mount rather than a console?

1 question.. any reason why you're leaning towards a wrist mount rather than a console?

No real reason other than I think I will like it better and that I feel like I have enough stuff hanging off my BC (my gauge, shake stick, octo, saftey sausage)...I just don't really like all that stuff hanging off me as it is...that's it really lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom