Need Recommendations for GC Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is it any less helpful than this:

"Yah, Neptune's. Or, Ambassador Divers would meet your requirements." . . .

. . . much more thorough & insightful, dude!

I'm not here to write a public dissertation on why I don't like Divetech. Anyone who is considering diving with DT is free to pm me and ask about the details of my negative experience w/ DT, which some have already done.
well, it's helpful because it was said what the requirements were.

I'm genuinely curious what the issue was with Divetech, as I've always been pretty happy with them. If something is going south there I would genuinely like to know. Or they had a bad week for some reason. Or if it's just that you have different preferences in a dive op than I do. I imagine so many people reading this would also like to know that that you wouldn't want them all to PM you!

If there are 6 of you. Try off the wall. You can have the entire boat to to yourself, as they never take more than 6 divers. We dove with Divetech, Ocean frontiers, and off the wall. We really liked off the wall because they were the most personal. They really took us wherever we wanted to go.
They also leave from the beach right by where you are staying. I would contact them ahead of time to assure that they have an empty boat available for you guys.
I would also highly reccomend braving the seas on the east end for at least one of the days, as the diving is far superior than that on 7 mile beach. We enjoyed diving with ocean frontiers.
Or you can have off the wall take you out to the north wall.The diving there is second to the east end. They also keep a boat on the north sound. danny did a custom trip for us to dive the north wall. He threw in a "surface interval" at stingray city. Great day. there were 3 in my party, and we only dove with 1 other diver the entire time.
Enjoy....

I've had experience with the majority of dive operators in Grand Cayman and would highly recommend Deep Blue, Off the Wall or Wall to Wall for the type of group you are describing. Though they are each independent small boat operators, they have recently gotten together and have one shop they share at the old Bob's Soto's Lobster Pot location. They will all do pickups. Several of the staff all had professsional positions prior to entering the dive business for a change of life. They dive both West and North. Ask them about a possible refresher shore dive.

In addition to Neptune, also consider Dive N' Such. If they want to do any shore diving, head down to Sunset House or up to Dive Tech.

They have custom dive boats half shade and run two one hour dive profiles. If you don't have a dive computer they provide them for free for max bottom time. They have on the boats fresh water showers, towels, bottled water and fruit. Their boats have easy walk-off swim platforms. They had two staff on the guiding dives with another staff top side. All their staff are instructors so your well taken care of. They also do not cater to the cruise ships business and are always diving the Northwall for best dive sites when ever weather permits.

Back
Top Bottom