Nerve-racked after first open water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to go, I knew you could do it!
Joe

So glad you hung in there and the 2nd dive went well for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. I knew you could do it, you just needed some confidence boosters and looks like you found them. We all went thru those first dive jitters so we understood what you were going thru.
Happy Diving,
Suki

Diver Dan! Congratulations on your diving savvy! I'm serious!

Most people here, including myself, are glad that your second day of diving went well. But from my perspective of years of "been there and done that" your first day of diving proved that you will be a good and safe diver.....

When things were going south, you hung in there and did what you could and then said "enough!".

Then (ohmagawd!) you actually thought about what happened and then even asked others for advice. Then, something some of us never do, you actually changed and adapted your equipment and techniques, resulting in a better dive.

I wish we could teach what you just accept as part of the process. Don't forget to include all your early frustrations in your dive log, I know I really enjoy reading mine.

Excellent post frontsight2001.

NewDiverDan once bubbled...
As you all promised and predicted, the new dive went better -- in fact -- fantastic. :)

Welcome to the club. 8)

JohnF

Thanks for those posts. They all helped put me back in the water, and I used some of the techniques at depth I would have never considered. After that bad day I thought, man there has got to be a message board about this kind of thing. Bingo, this board.

I guess without thinking about it, I applied what I know about running a successful business that I sweated my head off to finally make work. And I guess that application is, "There is no real failure, only outcomes." Outcomes to consider, make adjustments, and then try again for a different result." I guess it works with most things. It's fear that can get in the way of most success I think. I am sure there will be more challenges and successes.

Dan, also note that sometimes its not your FIRST dive that kicks your tail. I have been diving for a number of years now and went out with a Course Director friend of mine and our wives, we did a walking entry to a swim out, everything was fine until we looked to exit. We got beat ALL to He** and back by the surf, ROFL. Sometimes its just your day to get beat about the head and shoulders. Fab

hmmm. i wonder how dan's doing... 3 years later. :crafty:

I wish I understood how these threads are found and posted to... is someone searching *first*open*water* and then just posting to every hit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom