New Aqua-lung Titan LX Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say that if the shop want allow you to try it before you buy it or at least exchange it for something else if you don't like it, then take your business elsewhere. I'm pretty confident that I could walk into the shop that I do business with and pick up anything in the store and go dive it, without question. That's one of the big advantages from buying through a shop vs online. Course I wouldn't do it, unless I was serious about buying it and they know that.

Warhammer, did you ever get to try your wife's Titan LX? You mentioned that you may try it earlier in the thread.

Ok, Great Idea. Thanks I didnt know that dive shops had that sort of policy....

Still looking to find out what the costs of these two regulators should be. Anyone? Beuller?

My wife paid $540 for the tx-100 3pc set.last spring I paid $490 for tx-50 w/ Tx-40 octo.This is from our favorite shop. If you don't mind buying online, I'm sure you can get it much cheaper. The titan with an octo was about $100 less. I don't think the Titan comes close to the performance of Apeks Regs. for $100 more the Apeks is well worth it.

Tavi

I went to a LDS this weekend to look at some regulators. The shop only carried the Calypso and the older model Titan. Is there a big difference between the older Titan and the newer Titan LX?

The first stage is the same as the old Titan. 2nd stage is more compact and IMHO, much better looking, if that matters!The LX 2nd stage is pneumatically balanced, which i think it was not before, and has the new style soft purge cover that covers the entire face, instead of a purge button.

Cheers,
Simon

Can I correctly say then that, the Titan LX model has made some ergonomic improvements on the 2nd stage, but it's same regulator as the older Titan for the most part?

The reason I am asking is, my LDS is selling the older Titan for a very good price ($169 if I remember correctly). And my instructor recommeded this regulator because, it's supposed to be easy and inexpensive to maintain. I've seen the ScubaPro MK16+R380 combo online for $166(DIVEINN.com). Which do you think is a better buy?

Well, The LX is selling for $186 on Diveinn.com and the Apeks T-50 for $236. So I bought the Apeks T-50 there already since I went and had both regs demonstrated to me and the Apekz was far suprior for a marginally higher price.

However, if I didnt get such a good deal on teh Apeks T-50 from Diveinn.com I would have definately purchased the LX from my local dive shop.

SpyderTek

SpyderTek,

You've mentioned that you've purchased a regulator from DiveInn.com. Did you have to put the regulator + octo + guages together yourself? or did DiveInn do it for you? The reason I ask is that I have never purchased a regulator ... I currently borrow a friend's.

Do people generally assemble their own gear? Or, do people send their gear to a dive shop to do this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom