New Aqua-lung Titan LX Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ifukuda,

Ummmmm, errrmmmmm, well, ya see.... ermmm... I just ordered it two days ago (Tuesday) and it hasn't arrived yet. I hadn't thought about that question. So I dont really know yet.

In fact, now that you mention it, from the picture and description, Im not even sure it comes with a hose. It only displayed the 1st and 2nd stages.

Well, when it gets here (I expect delivery on Monday or Tuesday) I will be sure to come back and let you know exactly what my eperience was.

SpyderTek

It came! Well my Apeks T-50 came today. Only took them 3 days to get it here from Spain. Im impressed!.

Anyone, to answer the immediate question...Yes, it came fully assembled. 1st stage, Hose and 2nd stage all together. It also came with a certification card indicating that it passed some sort of test.

I'm going diving this weekend. So going to bring it with me but seeing as how it doesn't have the low pressure hose, alternate air source or guages attached to it I probably wont get the chance to try it out.

SpyderTek

Spyder,

Good to know that your new TX-50 came assembled. Please let me know how you like it. Is it pretty easy to attach the other hoses?

ifukuda

I told you that TX50 was a good deal from Diveinn.com I couldln't believe it myself when I ordered it. I wrote them an email before I ordered the reg. and asked all those questions: Does it come assembled-Si!(Spanish) Does it come with all the hoses-Si! I bought the TX40 octo too-and the Suunto Corbra computer(so cool)-and Mares quatro avanti fins-and a mask and a snorkel and some very nice-very cheap dive lights-and a Poseidon Odin octopus!!!. The shipping was $40.00 dollars-TOTAL. I used an extra LP hose and assembled that myself(since I am a part time bike mechanic I have EVERY little wrench in the world) and next thing I know my wife and I are diving in Bonaire.
I am taking a trip to Diveinn.com when I go to Spain just to say "HI"-I mean "Hola"

Ok, Well this weekend was my first time diving using the Apeks T-50 regulator under the water.

LOVED IT! So nice to breath easy! Since I only got the 1st and Second Stages and not all the other ports (Octo, LP Hose, and Gauge) I took the rental set up and "field serviced" it. Extremely easy to remove the Screws with an Alan Wrench and attach the rental equipment to my baby.

Some interesting things I discovered about the T-50 from experience:

Dove 4 times in 65 degree fresh water to an average depth of 33ft. (Max Depth 42ft)

I tend to over breath low end rental regs. I set the flow (Red adjustment on 2nd stage) to 50% and the small trim (little silver knob on second stage) to 0 (Zero) This was great till getting to depth. At depth I found the draw a little tougher but if I backed off the flow to 35-40% and turned up the small trim 5 degrees on and was back to resistance free breathing.

The only drawback I found to my particular regulator (don't know if it is a Model flaw) was that if the Flow control was set at 50% or higher the regulator had a predisposition towards "Free Flow" when on the surface or out of the water in general. Had a lot of "FINGER IN THE HOLE!!" scenarios. So, best to adjust the flow and trim in the water just before descent.

Since I am new to the sport and don't know all the exact jargon I may not have been clear in this reply. If that is the case please tell me and Ill try to describe my experience another way.

Finally, would recomend this regulator to anyone who has ever said to themselves, "Gee Seems like I have to work pretty hard to get the air I need."

SpyderTek

Spyder,

Thanks for the info. Your despcription was very clear, and was exactly the info I was looking for. I think I'm leaning towards getting my reg at DiveInn too.

ifukuda

Back
Top Bottom