New Member from Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY:
Welcome! I head through Portsmouth sometimes heading up to Richmond or for work so I know it's not too far from the OBX. If you're ever down here, track me down and we'll do a beach dive!
I tried to do a beach dive with the kids last summer but conditions were not right for them. Have you done the triangle wrecks from the beach?

medic13:
well welcome to your new home , man what a dream !! a family that dives together you are one lucky person .
It only took me 17 years to get my wife interested, but once the kids started she could not resist. My son and I did the Haviland, (110fsw) off Va Beach two weeks ago, and my daughter and I spent a week fossil diving off of Venice Fl during the summer. My wife is doing her AOW now and will be diving a deep wreck with my son next weekend, so I am very lucky...

DennisW:
Welcome to the board. I live in Williamsburg and work in Hampton. We aren't that far apart. I haven't done any real diving in VA, water's too cold for this misplaced Florida boy. But maybe we could get together and dive some time anyway. I have a 1/8th inch Farmer John, Shorty combination wet suit, so it will have to be fairly warm water or I won't stay down very long.
Virginia waters are cold, but we plan trips to warm places. You are so close you could come to one of our dive club meetings, third tuesday of the month at Chesapeake Bay Diving Center in Portsmouth.

adurso:
Virginia waters are cold, but we plan trips to warm places. You are so close you could come to one of our dive club meetings, third tuesday of the month at Chesapeake Bay Diving Center in Portsmouth.

Thanks for the invitation, but that is the same night as my Experimental Aviation Association meeting at the Williamsburg-Jamestown airport. I have looked into a few of the local dive clubs and they just haven't been convenient enough to meet with them. I travel to Florida a lot, that's where I'm from and my kids are still there. My wife actually just took a job back in Melbourne, Florida. She is an Associate Professor at Florida Institute of Technology in the School of Aeronautics. We have been able to see each other nearly every weekend since classes started (mostly due to Hurricanes). Next weekend I will be in Florida again. This time I hope to get in a few dives. I'll post a report and maybe some pictures. Let me know when you take a trip to Florida, I know some good operators and some good shore dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom