New scuba tank standards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually did the math for what Divedude just posted...

Works out to about 800 (yes, 8 hundred) cubic feet per
cylinder, or 4000 cubic feet per vehicle.

So while you and your car are probably fine, a mid-sized
dive boat might just fall under that clause (Approx 50 regular
cyliners)... All depending on what exactly constitutes a
commercial operation.

Jamie

Hello

Thats a nice theory for moral at best Diverdude, to bad it won't stand.

D M I

D M I once bubbled...
Hello

D M I
Why would the personal use exemption not apply?? That's why its in the regs.

Your mission DMI should you choose to accept it is........to find the correct number for Nitrox and Trimix, since UN 1002 is only for compressed air containing up to 23.5% oxygen. PM me if you need some help.:wink:

D M I once bubbled...
Hello

I was informed today that beginning next year or shortly there after all scuba bottles will be required to have along with the visual inspector sticker the (Air, compressed UN 1002) sticker as well. These stickers are now only seen on cb air bottles, but as expected changes are coming. What does this mean for the dive shop owner well, he'l be required to meet new goverment standards befor he can touch your tank.

Cheers

D M I

I know that I am going to regret this but...who informed you? And what new goverment standards? Seeing as how the new year is just around the corner I have yet to receive direction from any goverment agency on any of this. Mayhaps we are just so far out of Kingston that we have been over looked. It wouldn't be the first time.

Dan

Dan

D M I once bubbled...
Hello

D M I

O But it will..........:wink:

Twenty years of dealing with TDG regulations.
For instance tonight I hauled 59,580lbs of compressed gas
NOT regulated by TDG.

Interested parties

You'll get the information as it is implemented by the ministry, just as dive boat operators of certain size and tonage were required to have there boats inspected in the last two years because 50% of the boats that were out doing charters were unseaworthy and dangerous. Ministry employees are slow workers, but be assured you'll be hearing more and will be required to act on this topic in the coming year.

D M I

D M I once bubbled...
Interested parties

You'll get the information as it is implemented by the ministry, just as dive boat operators of certain size and tonage were required to have there boats inspected in the last two years because 50% of the boats that were out doing charters were unseaworthy and dangerous. Ministry employees are slow workers, but be assured you'll be hearing more and will be required to act on this topic in the coming year.

D M I

Here we go again. Darn I knew this was going to happen. Once again DMI you have learned to play dodge ball like the Puffer used to. Who informed you and where are the goverment standards posted. Rarely does the goverment move in these areas with out consultation with the market place and currently the discussions are ongoing with the fishing charter association that has a far larger vested interest in this than the dive charter operators.

So DMI instead of horse hockey name names and places. Who told you and where did you find the statistic that 50% of dive charters are unsafe and by what criteria do you measure unsafe?

Safe dives,

Dan

Hmmm... That brings up an interesting potential complication,
does that mean you can't take a non-empty cylinder in a taxi?

Could be an issue for those of us who don't own cars.

There's been a couple of times when I've rented gear locally,
and gotten a ride to/from the site with friends, but we got
back after the shop was closed, so I had to take my tanks
back the next day.

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom