Nikon 4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking about buying a Nikon 4300 with the Fantasea housing. I'd like to add an affordable strobe, but I don't know what's available -- or what I need. I've been told that I need a slave (to trigger the strobe, I guess) and the strobe. I think I may also need something to block the camera's flash (to eliminate having too much floating debris from showing up on the picture). I'm a real novice here, so I'd appreciate information on what I need.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced strobe?
What would I need to attach the strobe to the camera?
What "slave" do I need?
Do I need something to cover the camera's flash? If so, what would I need?

Thanks,
Leigh

My Fantasea came with little black stickers to place over the flash. It also came with some stick on diffusers. I think Fantasea is coming out with a slave strobe to mount on your wrist.

Charlie...

We are looking at several digital strobe options. The Sea and Sea, Inon, Ikelite digital strobes with pre flash recognition all work well but from a economical perspective, the Sunpak G Flash may be the best buy at around $180-200 retail (B and H).
You may want to check this out.
Our new housing for the CP 3100 and 2100 is due out this week and not far behind a housing for the new CP3200 and 2200 !!
Howard
www.fantasea.com

divegeek:
My Fantasea came with little black stickers to place over the flash. It also came with some stick on diffusers. I think Fantasea is coming out with a slave strobe to mount on your wrist.

Charlie...

Thanks for the information on the strobe. The Sunpak G sounds as if it would be a good choice if I could find it, but I've been searching the web and can't locate it. Any other recommendations?

I'm still unclear about a couple of things.
1) How do I connect the strobe to the Fantasea housing? Does the strobe or the housing come with a bar or some other device to mount the strobe on?
2) What do I need to have the camera trigger the strobe? Do I need to purchase a slave? If so, can you recommend the slave and describe how it would be attached to the camera?

I have been unable to locate anyone in the area who can give me advice. The camera shops refer me to the dive shops and the dive shops refer me to the camera stores.

HMan:
the Sunpak G Flash may be the best buy at around $180-200 retail (B and H).
You may want to check this out.

So what else does one need to use the Sunpak G with the Fantasea housing? What tray is recommended? What about a fiber optic cord of some kind to synch with the internal flash? I'm a noob and would really like to know what the whole package would consist of. Thanks.

Rick

We are pleased to advise that we are now offering the Epoque (Supak) digital flash through the Fantasea website now with arms and trays at special prices for our Fantasea Housing owners. Check it out on our fantasea.com website

Nothing special is needed with the g-flash. It comes with a tray and arm. It has a sensor on the front to detect your flash. It is truly a user-friendly unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom