Nikon 4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have just bot an Inon D180 for my housing and camera...Test on land... works well when subject is greater than 3ft away but have some problems when doing closeups... not enough light seems to be generated or the strobe is not in sync. Weird when longer distance works fine. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Tim :06:

I've taken some pics at Morrison on the weekend with no flash and apparently the quality of the pics is really good. I was seriously thinking to buy a strobe as a must have but for now I can use the camera without… it doesn’t mean I will not buy one.

Here is the link to Morrison pics:
http://robertkuzel.tripod.com/thefascinatingunderworld/id14.html

StingRob:
I've taken some pics at Morrison on the weekend with no flash and apparently the quality of the pics is really good.

Nice pics, Rob. How about the same in somewhat larger format? These are all taken with just the internal flash? Very nice.

Rick

Wolverine:
...not enough light seems to be generated or the strobe is not in sync. Weird when longer distance works fine. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?
QUOTE]

Have you reached a solution on that, Tim? I can't offer any advice, but I'm wondering whether you figured out the source of the problem.

Rick

I had to adjust the stop on the strobe to give a boost to the power..the pics were better after that... but will be trying it proper next week in the Philippines.. will keep you posted on result...

For all the pics I've taken the imagine quality was set on Fine (not High) and imagine size was 2048.
The pics on my site are "web size" so I shrunk them a little, original pics were much bigger. For some of the pics I had the flash on, for some was off, anyway even with the flash I had no annoying backscatter.

StinRob

Rick155:
Nice pics, Rob. How about the same in somewhat larger format? These are all taken with just the internal flash? Very nice.

Rick

Just came back from the Philippines. The strobe worked fine underwater. The difference between between internal strobe and external strobe is outstanding. Will be posting a couple of shots here in the next 2 days. Watch this thread.

Wolverine:
The strobe worked fine underwater. The difference between between internal strobe and external strobe is outstanding.

Looking forward to the pics, Tim. I just checked the price on the D180 that you have. :::Gulp::: I should hope it worked well! Anyway, glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm envious!

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom