Nitrox Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
I was kinda surprised, but the TDI Advanced Nitrox manual is pretty darn good. I found it filled in a lot of gaps in my training after initially learning with the PADI nitrox manual.

Do you have the basic nitrox manual? I've flipped through the PADI nitrox manual a couple of times, but I've never really sat down and compared it to the TDI manual; but I thought the [basic] TDI manual was really good...

Spectre once bubbled...

Do you have the basic nitrox manual? I've flipped through the PADI nitrox manual a couple of times, but I've never really sat down and compared it to the TDI manual; but I thought the [basic] TDI manual was really good...
I did my basic with PADI and only have that manual and accompanying video. The TDI manual has all those wonderful tables and equations and goes over all sorts of dive planning stuff that I don't remember seeing in the PADI book...to be fair I will look at it when I get home and make sure my memory isn't just fading...

The oxygen hackers handbook is prety informative as well.

I have PADI nitrox, TDI nitrox & adv. nitrox.

I thought the TDI books had more detailed info as well (but some of the review questions are very odly phrased). PADI seems to want divers to simply go by the tables and not worry about the math behind them as much.

I suppose PADI is opperating on the theory that, properly used, the tables are reasonably "safe". The assumption being that it's easier to mess up the math equations and hurt yourself.

Kind of a scary thought though with the recent PADI table recall going on due to 'printing errors'. Just heard about it on Saturday at the LDS... I think it only affects recently printed tables and older ones are OK but I'm not 100% sure.

Personaly, I think it's wise to fully understand what you are doing (and breathing) anytime you go under the water.

dc4bs once bubbled...
The oxygen hackers handbook is prety informative as well.

I have PADI nitrox, TDI nitrox & adv. nitrox.

I thought the TDI books had more detailed info as well (but some of the review questions are very odly phrased). PADI seems to want divers to simply go by the tables and not worry about the math behind them as much.

I suppose PADI is opperating on the theory that, properly used, the tables are reasonably "safe". The assumption being that it's easier to mess up the math equations and hurt yourself.

Kind of a scary thought though with the recent PADI table recall going on due to 'printing errors'. Just heard about it on Saturday at the LDS... I think it only affects recently printed tables and older ones are OK but I'm not 100% sure.

Personaly, I think it's wise to fully understand what you are doing (and breathing) anytime you go under the water.
I also have the Oxygen Hacker's Handbook and that is also an excellent book..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom