$$ no matter... what reg would you buy today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by detroit diver
Strick-there might be a reason that we use the Apeks! It's used in the most demanding of diving applications, and comes thru with flying colors. 19000 feet into a cave at 300fsw for 7 1/2 hours, and 8 1/2 hours deco. When the owner of that reg says it's the only one he would use, it carries a lot of weight with me. This guy puts his life on the line with that reg. And his buddies use the same reg. [/B]

19000 feet???? You mean that much in a horizontal direction from the mouth of the cave?? That's nearly 4 miles!!! Are you sure that's the number? And by 300fsw, you mean 300 feet down? What does fsw stand for?

How does the Zeagle flat VI compare to the Apeks that your friend uses? Also I understand that the Apeks is set so that you get air at a higher pressure at depth than with other regs --a sort of extra push-- is that right?

Abyss Explorer (metal) By Abysmal (NOT Mares).
http://www.abysmal.com/pages/features-regulators.html

Uses the same 2nd stage as the Superlites, provides all the gas you'll want to depths down past 1000'. Easily serviced by the owner.

1st stage made by Poseidon, also a classic performer.

That being said, the NEXT reg I'm getting is a 1958 Poseidon Cyklon.
:D

Originally posted by DivingDoc

19000 feet???? You mean that much in a horizontal direction from the mouth of the cave?? That's nearly 4 miles!!! Are you sure that's the number? And by 300fsw, you mean 300 feet down? What does fsw stand for?

How does the Zeagle flat VI compare to the Apeks that your friend uses? Also I understand that the Apeks is set so that you get air at a higher pressure at depth than with other regs --a sort of extra push-- is that right?

Yeah, those numbers are right. The WKPP rely on their Apeks regs (and their rebreathers) for dives inexcess of 300' and 19,000' of cave penetration. They were using DS4/TX50's (with TX40 backup) on their backgas. Check out their website:

www.wkpp.org

Mike

I don't know exactly what Zeagle has done to change the Flathead other than the price. I use Apeks and don't worry about it.

So the choice's are Apex or Mares?? If you're looking at titanium vs. apex, I'd go Apex. If you want Mares best reg which won't start a flash fire I'd go with the Abyss from Mares.

They breath better, and are a little simpler to service.

Both have lifetime warranties. Smoother inhalation effort, and they breath as good on land as @ 300ft.

The mouthpiece does suck with Mares. I put the Sherwood Wisdom Mouthpeice on the regs.

Mares is good!

Hello,

Well toss the stock mp and put on a SeaCure II.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom