No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well once again it sounds like the water is great and everyone had a god time! Rub it in, Rub it in!!

Wow reef haven It looks like you have a good eye underwater! Very nice finds! Thanks for sharing....

Did four dives Sat. at S. Brohard
Thedaddy was out there for a couple dives too.
He found a couple mammoth teeth and what could be a sabertooth tiger fang.

Well I'm going to try to get in the water sat or sun.... Everyone has had such good dives lately that I'm jealous!

Did four dives Sat. at S. Brohard
Thedaddy was out there for a couple dives too.
He found a couple mammoth teeth and what could be a sabertooth tiger fang.

I'm disappointed, but the tooth appears to be a toothed whale fossil from comparing to pictures. I kind of figured that as soon as I saw pics of a sabre cat tooth, but I was hoping. When I saw the difference between the two pics, I was pretty sure it was a whale tooth. If anyone else wants to take a look, it's in the upper left corner of the photo. Not that great a picture - there are concentric rings around the upper portion of the tooth (growth rings or where it was bonded to jawbone?) and also the tip has some apparent cleaving where it looks like the outer layer broke away from the side. I'd have to see specimen in good shape to tell how poor shape this one is in, but it definitely has some scars. Any opinions appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 122
Found these Saturday. I've decided not pickup any more mammoth partials. Took about 15 minutes to dig the largest mammoth tooth out of the clay. Got a lot of cleaning to do now. Kinda like fishin...love catchin em but hate cleanin em.

Met up with Get-R-Dun's group earlier in the day at Spanish Rocks. Viz was about 15 ft at both locations.

Attachments

• teeth 003.jpg
    teeth 003.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 114
I'm disappointed, but the tooth appears to be a toothed whale fossil from comparing to pictures. I kind of figured that as soon as I saw pics of a sabre cat tooth, but I was hoping. When I saw the difference between the two pics, I was pretty sure it was a whale tooth. If anyone else wants to take a look, it's in the upper left corner of the photo. Not that great a picture - there are concentric rings around the upper portion of the tooth (growth rings or where it was bonded to jawbone?) and also the tip has some apparent cleaving where it looks like the outer layer broke away from the side. I'd have to see specimen in good shape to tell how poor shape this one is in, but it definitely has some scars. Any opinions appreciated.
Sorry I wish it was a saber but I have to tell you it is whale. Nice finds and keep up the work. Your doing great.

Hello everyone, I'm here asking for some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Capt Gumby left a post on here looking for some divers to dive with him. He has not been able to hook up with anyone as of yet. My cell phone number is 941-628-3309. He tried to book charters but they are all booked for this week. I work during the week. Capt Gumby is in the service and would like to find some teeth before he LEAVES FLORIDA. He will not be returning to the area. Please some of you I know dive on weekdays, lets get this guy in the water, we dont want him diving alone. I spoke to him several times today to try to do a dive but my work schedule seems to be messing things up. You can pm him or call me on my cell and I will give you his cell phone number. Lets all pull together and get him out there to find some teeth before he leaves. You can call me on my cell phone from 6am to 10 pm at night. Lets show him what a great bunch of people we are. All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom