Nomad-Swapping the inflator hose with the rear dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carrie,

My husband has made this switch that you speak of. Says it took him some getting used to it, but it does make sense. Unfortunately, I can't ask him specifics or shoot any pics, because he is up in cave country with his Nomad this weekend. But will have him post something in here after he returns home.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I made the swap last week. On the first dive I would to have to really look down at my chest to figure out where the inflator hose had gone. My hand wanted to instinctively reach for where it use to be and that's a reflex that will have to change, but I really like how the inflator hose runs up the side of my body out of the way.

I made the swap last week. On the first dive I would to have to really look down at my chest to figure out where the inflator hose had gone. My hand wanted to instinctively reach for where it use to be and that's a reflex that will have to change, but I really like how the inflator hose runs up the side of my body out of the way.

That was Mike's issue as well. He made the switch, but was uncomfortable with it. Switched back to the original configuration. But has now converted back again, and is much happier with it. Just have to re-train the brain, as where to reach for stuff that has always been in a set location.

I need a larger end piece for my newly moved rear dump. I have no idea what this is called. It's the plastic end piece that attaches to the end of the pull string. The original is too small and hard to find. Anyone know who might sell these? I have never seen them in an online catalog.

They are called... any little doodad big enough for your hands that you can find that has(or can be drilled) with a hole in it large enough for the string.

Don't put down good money when this is something you can find anywhere :)

I need a larger end piece for my newly moved rear dump. I have no idea what this is called. It's the plastic end piece that attaches to the end of the pull string. The original is too small and hard to find. Anyone know who might sell these? I have never seen them in an online catalog.

They are called... any little doodad big enough for your hands that you can find that has(or can be drilled) with a hole in it large enough for the string.

Don't put down good money when this is something you can find anywhere :)

I have seen folks use bits of wine corks, or even children's beads for this. But other folks I know have had it removed, because it does cause an entanglement issue, at least with the dump valve back in the original, bottom position. Get it caught on a boat bench, and you can rip out your entire bladder. :no:

I have seen folks use bits of wine corks, or even children's beads for this. But other folks I know have had it removed, because it does cause an entanglement issue, at least with the dump valve back in the original, bottom position. Get it caught on a boat bench, and you can rip out your entire bladder. :no:

I definately wouldn't do that with the dump was on the back. I saw a pic somewhere of a pull dump thingie that was a little larger and more pear shaped.

Last edited:
Carries, I am taking my tanks over to Fill Express, also known as Dive Rite Express, aka Gear Express, a bit later for some gas. I'll ask if they have them. If so, I'll pick one up, and can drop it in the mail for you.

Carries, I am taking my tanks over to Fill Express, also known as Dive Rite Express, aka Gear Express, a bit later for some gas. I'll ask if they have them. If so, I'll pick one up, and can drop it in the mail for you.

WOW...That would be fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom