Nomad-Swapping the inflator hose with the rear dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get it caught on a boat bench, and you can rip out your entire bladder. :no:

Are we thinking of two different things?

The pull knobby thing? I don't see how it would do anything to the bladder... If it caught on anything, it'd be in front of your shoulder and easy to 'uncatch'.

Are we thinking of two different things?

The pull knobby thing? I don't see how it would do anything to the bladder... If it caught on anything, it'd be in front of your shoulder and easy to 'uncatch'.

This pull knobby thing was attached to the dump valve at the bottom of the wing, in the original position.

I used tear drops from my other wings butt dumps (that I had removed). They are way bigger and thus easier to grab. Like enlarge the Mach wing from this page and there is the 'dongle'

18# MACH V Chroma Series *Black on Black* [OW-08-18BonB] - $0.00 : OxyCheq - DiveOps, Analyzers and Scuba Diving Equipment

Or if you buy a whole dump valve, you get it but that's kinda wasted.
http://oxycheq.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_10_24&products_id=274

Works well enough for me even with dry gloves when the original Dr one was way too hard to find. I have seen some others having these star shaped dongles that I covet. They look even easier to find as they would not get tangled under things as easy.

On the other hand, guys what exact black tubing do you have over your dump string? It looks nice and pliable. My Lowes garden whatever tube is still wayward and wants to pull away even from innertube. I want something softer.

Piiki,
The one pull string thingee I saw was kind of pear shaped, but you are right. It was like a star on the bottom. I saw it in a pic posted of a Nomad with the inflater swapped, but for the life of me I cannot find that picture.

Somebody has to know what the thingee is actually called.

I bought clear tubing at Home Depot. The downside is that you have to buy something like 10'.

Sounds like the stuff I have, 10ft too :D It bows out. I saw that black stuff on someone and it was very nice looking. Thinner and very pliable. I run a longer stretch and the clear tubing just won't settle nicely (I have back up light right next to it and it's crowded there).

If you can't find the star, the regular larger teardrop def works. I am sausagefinger and I can make it work with drygloves, so it's a lot for proof.

I have couple of friends who say they pull from the tube part instead of the dongle though, and thus do not care what size hangs in the end. Mine is a bit tricky if I do not pull straight down, so I find it easier grabbing from the end.

Sounds like the stuff I have, 10ft too :D It bows out. I saw that black stuff on someone and it was very nice looking. Thinner and very pliable. I run a longer stretch and the clear tubing just won't settle nicely (I have back up light right next to it and it's crowded there).

I haven't had that problem. I'll post some pics of how I tied mine down tonight.

Back
Top Bottom