Nov 26 - 3rd annual Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bill, good hearing from ya! Perhaps you can sneak away for a little while and say hi! Well, here's hoping!

This sounds like fun and it'd be great to meet some scubaboard members. What's the plan for the day - socialize, dive, eat, etc.? I'm scheduled to go out Gulf diving with some friends that weekend, but I'm not sure which day. I'll pencil this event in on my calendar.

Our game plan seems to run along the lines of gathering and set up of small tables, cookery and shelter (Novafury a.k.a. Brian brought a portable carport last year!!), diving while the turkey is frying. Depending on when you hit the water there may either be a snacking and social SIT or Turkey and pot-luck lunch chomping with great company followed by an afternoon dive to search out more shark tooths! :)

I am signing up for this one! So far I am off that weekend, but you never know.

WildBill- Yep, know what ya mean.. makes you want to sink back into the rank and file so you can take off whenever you want and no one even notices.

What is the temperature at Venice this time of year?

I am going to need a place to stay. Can the West Coasters recommend a cheap hotel with a flea count < 500 ppm.

I am looking forward to getting some more toothies!!!

Eric

What about a Sunday Morning boat dive? Is there boat diving over there other than sand flats? There must be a wreck somewhere? I know there are some tanks sunk over there....

There's several, and if I can get away, I'd be interested in doing a boat dive on Sun. There's many artificial reefs and some wrecks. There are two operators that we could use, Florida West, and Spair Time.

If there is a boat going out on Sunday... I might be interested..especially if it is going to the boneyard.

You don't want to mix it up some? I could do the boneyard, or a wreck/artificial reef, doesn't matter. BTW, most of the sites over here are in < 60', so are good for OW divers.

Where are all the Conch Diver's with boats???? :D

Brian keeps breaking his boat then drinking like a fish with the fix-it money..that or working for Sprint trying to keep the 40 year old phone lines up and running! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom