O.K. all you D.I.R.ers,( A Serious Question)...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should be able to pick those at any dive shop. I noticed one of the instructors, that works for the shop that I do business with, had one on his TX100 this past weekend. He said he really liked it, but I've never tried one. If you have trouble finding one, shoot dive@divesports.com an email and I'm sure they can help you.

The Scubapro swivel is one of the better ones in terms of construction, but they are also one of the most expensive. I believe they only use one O-ring and most of the others use 2.

While surfing http://www.simplyscuba.com (an online gear source suggested by Large Diver) I came across the an accessory that is already set up to bungee your octo below your chin.

Click Here to view this item. And I'd be insterested in your comments...

It'lls certainly do the job, but by the time you ship it from overseas the cost would be absurd. Also, everyone's neck is different so this may not fit one person as well as another. The best fit is one that allows you to reach down with your mouth and pick up the mouthpiece with your lips-no hands needed.

If you walk into a sporting goods shop, or crafts shop, they've probably got pieces of bungee for almost nothing. I got a 5 or 6 foot piece for about 50 cents! You could be a shooter and make bungees for a bunch of friends!

Back
Top Bottom