Oceanic Versa Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treble

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anyone else out there with an Oceanic Versa Pro? I'm particularly interested to hear if anyone has seen the PC Software thats yet to be released, and to find out what others think about its performances. The spare lens covers are also not available yet in Australia (not that I need to replace this yet).

Mine's only a few weeks old and working well. I haven't used it in guage mode, or violated any of the deco settings, and so haven't tested any of these features except in simulator mode. Its nice an easy to read. The variable display and log features work well. The only bug I've found is a problem in swapping between 12 and 24 hour format, that I'm waiting for an answer on. And the only physical feature I'd change is the too-long wrist strap that's built for people with either thigh-sized fore arms or thick, thick suits.

Any feedback would

Treble, we are still waiting to get our hands on the new Versa computers. From what I hear about Oceanic support in the US is they are not the most coopertive people in the world. The computers are great, but their tech support needs work. I don't know about australia though. I'll check around on Monday and see if I can get any info for you.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

I recently purchased a Versa Pro as well, and was very interested in the software also. I sent email to their tech support address (service@oceanicusa.com) on 1/24, and received the following reply on 1/28:
-----
Oceanlog for Versa Pro is in the testing stage. We plan for release within
30 days.
Thank you for choosing OCEANIC. Have a great dive!
-----

My LDS (where I purchased the computer) estimated about 60 days.

Bryan

Thanks for the info. I received a reply from Oceanic locally which indicated they had seen the PC software but it had bugs and was back in USA for modification. They did not estimate a delivery time.

By the way the bug with the 12/24 hour format is that, when swapped from 12 to 24 hour format, it messes up the start times of dives in the log feature. Seems not to be able to translate properly on some (not all) entries in the log. Has anyone else tested this? bgonderi, can you try this on your model? thanks.

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that if you switch the computer from 12 to 24 hour mode with dives in the logs, those times get messed up? Do they correct themselves when you switch it back to 12 hour mode?

Yes, that's correct. Change from 12 to 24 hour and some (not all) of the times in the log are out by 12 hours. Change back to 12 hour format and all is okay again. I've changed between 12 and 24 many times to check this. Nothing gets corrupted. Its just in the translation routine for some dives in the log.

As the Versa doesn't display an am or pm sign next to the time, I thought I would change to the 24 hour format. This saves the problem of failing to distinguish between an 8am dive and an 8pm dive in the log (I know this is hard but I have done some night dives lately).

Its a minor bug, but one that should be fixed.

Tried it on mine - no corruption. I only have two dives in the log tho, and both were in the AM - not sure if that makes a difference.

Still waiting to hear back from Oceanic on the PC software. They said it'd be out about three weeks ago, but I haven't seen it anyplace yet.

i have been told oceanic is doing testing on their software also they are doing some work on the web site so be patient. i know what it is like, we are an oceanic dealer and have had problems contacting them lately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom