Oceanlog, HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try using a different USB port to connect the download adapter to your laptop. There is a glitch in windows USB subsystems which causes it to jamb up with some equipment and software combinations. I've had it happen to me with a number of USB devices including these type download adapters. The switch of ports generally resets the system until it happens again. Once it is cleared you can go back to using the port you favor next time you use the program. This bug has been one that has given Oceanlog a black eye but really is a windows USB issue that is very common and those users that use a number of USB devices become more accustomed to dealing with it. In some cases just unplugging and reconnecting the device will do but others require the switch of ports. I'm not suggesting that this will solve all the problems but I have experience and used this on a great number of systems.

Back
Top Bottom