# of Cam Bands BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For a BP/W, rec diving, do you use one or two cam bands? If using only one, do you use the upper or lower slots on the plate? Just curious, I am currently using two, but it sure can be a pain at times getting over the tank.

I couldn't imagine using only one. If I don't pre-wet my straps pretightening and get slop/play between the STA and tank I don't like it. How could you only use one? Just get the Highland ones that you can disconnect if you are having trouble getting them over the tank. I don't use them and have no problems tightening then clamping them shut but the highland bands look pretty good.

Two. Always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have an Oxy wing and do not use a STA. I have never tried one band on my BP/W, but have noticed many/most BCDs have only one band.

Something I forgot to mention is that I use XS Scuba weight pouched on the top band with weight. This can sometimes add to the difficulty of getting the bands over the tank. I do, of course, take the weights out first. :D

Two. Don't want a mishap turning a tank cockeyed with one band.

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

I used to have a Seaquest BCD with one strap. It was not 100% :(

I can't imagine not having 2 straps now. (For single tank diving that is.)

When I got my first BP/W I had to modify it without even getting it wet. The first thing I did was cut another slot in the plate... in the middle.. so I could use one cam band. I have done that with all the BP/W's I have (when used with single tanks). Two cam bands is a pain to deal with on a small rocking boat and unnecessary.

One cam band is just fine, just ask this guy.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom