Ok Dudes and Dudettes...DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabella once bubbled...
Has anyone taken this class? What's the local thinking on their ideas? I see they do have an instructor located in Ontario. Anybody?:confused:

More like everyone! Do a search, there's been literally hundreds of postings on this. General bottom line, all who have taken it agree that its a great course.

WW

should've thought of that. I just kind of wanted to know if any Canadiens had. I guess I'll have to go look...pick em out...dope de doe...:fsticks:

OK I am in a troll mood and its been awfully quiete lately.....

DIR is just hype. Find an "old school" instructor and ask them to teach you what has been taken out of the old basic courses in order to make them more entry level. There is nothing new in DIR just divers being taught stuff that used to be taught to every diver.

Its like peak buoyancy performance courses.....should your instructor not have taught you buoyancy on your open water course.

There is NO substitute for experience.

Signed
GTADiver,
Dinosaur Diver

(hey I should change my logon to Dinosuar diver and then I could have an AVATAR, mmmm)

Does their video not say that a piece of dive gear every diver should have is a body bag? Having used a body bag while diving, let me tell you it is not an easy skill.

Aquabella once bubbled...
Has anyone taken this class? What's the local thinking on their ideas? I see they do have an instructor located in Ontario. Anybody?:confused:

Here ya go: DIRF Class Reports

My buddy and I took it last september from Dan at Northern Tech Diver in Kingston.

It was well worth the weekend and the money.

And as far as beying just hype, that may have been relevant when "old school" was new school, but the the current crop of divers that come out of courses can clearly benefit from these back to basics skills that there isn't enough time to teach in the courses these days. And i say "may have been relevant" because i truly believe a lot of old schoolers can certainly benefit as well because i've seen some that absolutely suck in the water.

Take it, you won't regret it.

steve

I'm not as dopey as I look:rolleyes:

It wasn't really a general " have you ever heard of dis DI...I think it's R ...course before?"

I just wanted to hear from some peeps from around here...what'd they think? Did they go and see Dan up in Kingston? Dang, Gilboa is just as close for me. Are dive credentials the same internationally?

I did a search too. Groundhog started a thread back in Dec. called 'DIR in the Great White North' (I would drag it up here but I haven't figured out how to yet)

Groundhog dude, where'd you get too?

Like everyone saying anyone who wants to learn, be better, kill a bad habit is taking this course. Dan Mackay runs one in Kingston, you will learn something. GTA Diver is telling you something DIR is not new it's what you should have been taught in the first place.

When I took mine, I had a two techies, a NAUI instructor with a lot of dives and a couple of just plain old fashion divers and everyone agreed they learned something.

The only DIR shop in Canada is www.northerntechdiver.com give them a call or visit them. It is really worth it.

JB

Back
Top Bottom