'Old' divers....lol....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85:
Was in Alexandria, La. today bringing my reg. in for a tune up @ my old LDS..Also dropped some tax stuff off @ my mother's CPA & found out while talking to him, his BIL was flying back from Cozumel today----trick is he's an 81 y.o. active, scuba tripping diver........Apparently travels there often....Don't ask me what kind of profile he maintained this past week but he had a 'great time' according to the CPA(He called home yesterday cuz their jet had problems on CZM & they had to stay an extra nite...)

My question is, what's the oldest active traveling diver on the board....Being fairly new to this site, I have no idea...Hopefully I can join the geriatric club when /if I'm around.....lol.....My hats off to these people....

BTW, the CPA told me his BIL has had 2 total knees(on the same knee) & open heart surgery lately to put a valve in........OK, who is the oldest fart on board....I know my 54 y.o. age is like a spring chicken to some here.......GEAUX TIGERS........

Being originaly from the Alexandria area, I think I know who you are talking about, I believe I met the old gentleman at Mr Redferrin's LDS some years ago. I hope to be diving at that age, put it to you like this :14: "If I can't do what I want to do, just feed me to the sharks!"

58 here. Diving since I was 16 on and off. Just taking Deco and Trimix training now, proving you can teach an old fart new tricks!

In St. Kitts there is an older guy that dives with the same shop I usually do pretty often. I think he is in his upper 70's. Austin tells me the only difference is that he usually puts his gear on and takes it off in the water.

"And you know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill"
from Old Folks Boogie by Little Feat

Mauifish:
Being originaly from the Alexandria area, I think I know who you are talking about, I believe I met the old gentleman at Mr Redferrin's LDS some years ago. I hope to be diving at that age, put it to you like this :14: "If I can't do what I want to do, just feed me to the sharks!"

I really don't know where the BIL is from(poss. Alex) but it was Jimmy Redferrin's LDS I went to(for reg)....In fact, Jimmy (from Leesville) used to work in DeRidder in the 70's & 80's for Ampacet & had a (parttime)LDS in Leesville, that's who certified my wife, oldest child, & myself in '85......Later he sold the Leesville Water Habitat to Donnie Haley & moved to Alex & opened another Water Habitat.....He now also sells real estate in the Alex area....small world.....

I know of one very fine gentleman on the boards that is an avid diver in his mid-70s. In fact... he has quite the "dive resume". :) I wish him many, many more years of diving!

Am 63, have made trips this year to Belize and Little Cayman, will do between 300 and 400 dives this year if lucky.

I have a friend who's 79 and still diving ... in fact, he was just showing me pics from a recent trip to CocoView ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm still young, but I have noticed that "old" people that dive tend to be in better shape (health & fitness) than others their age. Exercize seems to be the key to long healthy lives, and diving is great excercize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom