'Old' divers....lol....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha
Kudos to our more mature divers. Last year I certified a couple, he was 71, and she was 65. They had a great time on the course, aside from getting seasick on the boat ride. The only issues differing from most younger divers, was being able to exit the water with gear on. They needed to remove weights, BCD, and tank, before climbing the ladder. The only complaint they had was that they had not taken up scuba sooner.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Don't imagine she is on this web site. But last night saw a story on National Geographic channel where a 75 y/o female Brit archeologist was diving with what looked to be large doubles on a site off Alexandria, Egypt.

The surf was up a bit so it looked like she donned and doffed her gear in the water. I got a kick out of her waving off help when she was getting out of the water. She wanted the help she needed; and no more.

51 and I really enjoyed reading this thread. 44 when I did OW but better late than never. I had the pleasure of sharing a pair of dives, in Cozumel about 2 years ago, with a couple, both in their 80's. Together they couldn't weigh 200lbs, soaking wet. They live in Cozumel and they dive with the same shop 3 times a week. The crew helped them don their equipment, counted to 3 and sent them on their way with a firm shove to clear the platform. Simply amazing. I turned to my wife and said "God willing."

Hey Rick, what's such a lovely family doing with a guy like you???? :wink:

(I'm blessed with the same anomoly!)

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm. ANY DAY!

Many a story has been and will be written about the old not being defeated...just deciding enough is enough. "Here's to all of us looking enough in the eye and telling it goodbye!"

Hoa!

Back
Top Bottom