'Old' divers....lol....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only regret is that I didn't start until I was 54. I'm trying to make up for lost time. Was able to log 68 dives in 2006. Hope to do more this year.

diver 85:
I really don't know where the BIL is from(poss. Alex) but it was Jimmy Redferrin's LDS I went to(for reg)....In fact, Jimmy (from Leesville) used to work in DeRidder in the 70's & 80's for Ampacet & had a (parttime)LDS in Leesville, that's who certified my wife, oldest child, & myself in '85......Later he sold the Leesville Water Habitat to Donnie Haley & moved to Alex & opened another Water Habitat.....He now also sells real estate in the Alex area....small world.....

Jimmy Redferrin is a great guy, learned a lot from him, he stopped logging dives years ago when he went over the 10,000 mark

mfalco:
I'm still young, but I have noticed that "old" people that dive tend to be in better shape (health & fitness) than others their age. Exercize seems to be the key to long healthy lives, and diving is great excercize.

happier too:D

I just turned 64 this Feb. I have been diving since I was 15--that's 49 years:11: I hope the "Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men" doesn't enter because I hope to be going for at least the next 10 to 15+ years. Just this year, I've done Little Cayman, BVI's, and I'm heading for Palau and Yap in just 11 days.:D I'm not getting older, just more experienced.:eyebrow: Yes, Virginia, there is diving after 64.:)

I know a cardiologist in his 70's who is actively diving deep shipwrecks in the NE. He is amazing and as one would expect - very heart healthy and aerobically conditioned.

X

drbill:
I'll be 60 this year, but I act 30 so I can't be considered an old fart yet. 46 years of diving so far and I expect to be going another 45... er, 35... OK, at least 25... no,not 15 years!
Pretty much my stats... but had long periods of inactivity while at Uncle's beck & call. I intend to include a nice long cave dive as part of my 60th birthday party.
Rick :D

diver 85:
My question is, what's the age of the oldest active traveling diver on the board....

Back to the original question--- "on the board"---Surely, 64 isn't the oldest....PLEASE TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!:no

56 now, been at it since 1956, I figure I can make it to 20,000 dives by the time I'm 90.

Was on charter boat to U853 last year with guy who was 75. He did two dives, short decos, looked and acted better than others decades younger.

Would agree with others that most active older divers healthy...does that mean all of us that are only 50 something, still active divers will be pecking away at these keyboards 30-40 years from now? I for one hope so!

Hoa!

Back
Top Bottom