'Old' divers....lol....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll turn 51 next month. I've been diving only seven years, so that makes me a YOUNG diver! I love it!

My Instructor is in his 70's still teaches tech diving and the like, can still throw a pair of doubles on his back better then I can at 20

I'm 54. Started diving at 49. Now my wife, daughter and son-in-law dive. My daughter is having my firest grandson in March. Hopefully I'll still be diving when the little one is old enough and we can have three generations diving together.

This has nothing to do with diving...just "old" guys.

My son is getting married Saturday. He asked me to be his best man (I'm honored), but that meant I had to throw him a batchler party! Well, we weren't going to do the bar-hoppin' and stripper routine (he's a minister), so instead, I took him and his buddies paint-balling at a local field and then out to eat later. Needless to say, we had a blast! But that's not the point of the story...
At one point during the afternoon, someone finally had the bright idea, "Hey, how about we play old guys versus young guys?" Well, there were five young men averaging about 26. And then there were four of us "experienced ones"...I'm guessing average age close to 50.
Okay, guess which team did not lose a single man and annihilated the other. OLD GUYS ROCK!!!
All right, I'm finished gloating now. I have to go soak my knees and ice down these little red welps. groan...

Whilst at university we (the Oceanography Grad Students and staff) had an intramural flag football team on which the youngest player was 25 and the oldest 58. We were undefeated in eight years of play against the normal college age players. We all wore black, high top, lace-up cleats as both a symbol and a joke. It didn’t hurt that most of the team had played college ball or rugby. Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm.

I'm going to keep diving until they have to throw my decrepit old body off the dive boat and haul it back aboard with a winch . . . better still, haul it back aboard with a WENCH !! :D

the K

Paco:
I'm 54. Started diving at 49. Now my wife, daughter and son-in-law dive. My daughter is having my firest grandson in March. Hopefully I'll still be diving when the little one is old enough and we can have three generations diving together.
It's great!
Fathers_Day_2006.jpg

Left to right, granddaughter Madison, daughter Cary, moi, daughter Sasha, The Lovely Young Kat.
Rick

I'm 62 and my first grandchild was born 6 days ago. Should she decide to become a diver I hope to be with her on her first dive.

Uncle Ricky,
That HAS to be one of the GREATEST scuba diving pictures I've ever seen !!!!

the K

61 and just got back into diving (Navy wouldn't let me continue to dive with a healed perf. eardrum-1965). My daughter purchased lessons for my wife and I for a 35th anniversary present. My wife's age will remain classified.

She is like a kid in a candy store. Our instructor has stated in public that he has created a monster. We were in the Crystal River about a week ago (when they had the 28 degree freeze) and did the Manatees. Her comment was that she has never been so cold or had sooooo much fun...

Back
Top Bottom