OMS IQ Pack or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zero:
Greetings,

Well, I've finally saved enough cash to invest in a BP/W setup. I've seen the OMS IQ Pack and was wondering if this is a good investment. Currently, my dives will be with a single tank in both tropical with a 3 mm and in cold water with a dry suit. I would welcome feedback from divers who use this configuration and other BP/W setups.

Thanks in advance!
If you choose to go with OMS IQ, I'v e got one 'd sell for CHEAP! The second half of this post should reflect my concionce (sp?) Go for the Halcyon eclipse. (I've got one of those I'd sell too :)
scottanderson@gci.net

Thanks for the input. The various veiwpoints and suggestions have been quite helpful with the process of purchasing my first BP/W. Currently, I am leaning towards a SS BP with the OMS Comfort harness and SS STA. As for the Wings, since I don't expect to strap on doubles in the near future, I'm looking into a 45lb single baddler wing from OMS. I think a 60lb wing may be overkill for this configuration.

Diver with cash in hand ready to spend!

"Plan the purchase and purchase the plan"

One more chime in for a Hog. BP/W. I was seconds from buying a OMS rig, but if you really think about modularity and replacement the only thing you will EVER have to buy again is 2" nylon webbing (unless you lose something). Then I thought the comfort harness was a great idea, the more I thought about it the more I wanted a hog. harness. I hate buying something I will have to buy again. So here's my rig, as cheap as they come!!!

Hammerhead SS BP w/ STA: $100
100' 2" nylon (eBay): $20
D-rings (NESS and eBay): about $15
DiveRite Venture wing: $200
Pad(Saratoga HW): $15

It doesn't come much cheaper than that...

I got the bungied 45# bladder and performs as expected,excellent in my opinion, if you don't like bungies, you may like the 32# wing for singles, it's a lower profile wing.

OMS = WOD LOLOLOL :wink: :wink:

MilitantMedic:
Hammerhead SS BP w/ STA: $100
100' 2" nylon (eBay): $20
D-rings (NESS and eBay): about $15
DiveRite Venture wing: $200
Pad(Saratoga HW): $15

I bought a bunch of 45 deg bend 2" Drings and retainers from Saratoga HW and they came as thick as the heavy duty OMS Drings and received the merchandise in a promptly manner, great people to deal with.

HAHAH yup got mine the same place. (non-bend came from NESS)

MilitantMedic:

Some bungie haters label the OMS brand "Wing of death" due to the bungie configuration of some of their wings.

OMS created a non banded line of wings, with the same Bullet Proof materials used in the bungied wings just to acomodate the non bungie buyers.

Sorry just never seen it used as an acronym. Not a big fan of bunggeed wings either.

Forgive me I just jumped to the end to put my two cents in

I'm not DIR, but I do understand when they start calling "stroke"

I own Dive Rite and OMS, I don't want to offend anyone this is just my opinion but OMS is super junk. I can say this because I own it and have used it, but if you like OMS, good for you, I'm not trying to start a flame just giving a general review of what I think of OMS.

Don't go OMS, look at Dive rite or halcyon, or Fred T and your own webbing or Koplin and your own webbing etc you don't need that IQ junk.

Back
Top Bottom