Out of Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBuoy sorry about the spelling.....brain must have too many nitrogen bubbles or still thawing out from yesterdays dive.

Butch103 once bubbled...
but the direct translation is a hoot..........:boom:

For sure, I'm now thinking about changing my handle to "Bottom Plunger". Might make dive buddies nervous, on second thought, I'll stick with what I've got.

:bonk:

Curious as to how labour laws will protect rec divers?? I could see how they would protect commercial divers, or divers that get paid for their work ie instructors

What standards are there for rec diving breathing air???

just curious... from what I understood there wasn't really any standards to compare too.

There isn't any and I hope they keep the faces out of the sport diving end of the industry because everytime they get involved in programs it runes everyhting and cost every one money.;-0

The labour laws refer to z-180.1-85 (in Ont regs and Cdn Labour Code). Due deligence would be to also meet the 2000 version which specifies an accredited lab but then all these micky mouse air testing outfits would be out of work. It is interesting to see that a lot of the LDS are filling commercial workers cylinders but their air does not even get tested. The PADI standards call for quarterly testing but its not enforced by PADI in Canada. I went into one LDS (a 5-star IDC facility) that has not tested their air in over six years. I beleive in the sates the main standard in the CGA but the NOAA manual lists lots of different standards......scarry thing is these are minimum standards that are not being met! With all the govt cuts.....can you say Walkerton????

As with anything else it will take people getting killed before the government will enforce their own codes, inspectors are probably paid off, the corruption at all levels of government makes me sick.
They should throw them all in jail and throw the keys away just like any other criminal would be teated.

Thats the provincial boys that are bought off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom