Padi PIC form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just had a thought - you DO have your temporary cards off him? With a photo stuck to them, valid for 90 days etc?

Wait a second. WHO lost them? You didn't say and everyone is giving advice based on assumptions. The correct answer should be based on the real facts.

hi guys, thanks for the replies. anyway i'm not certifying myself, i've had my ow and aow and will be taking rescue soon. you see i bought three books from padi all of which are courses that are mentioned above and my instructor asked me if the books i purchased had PIC's in them, i was told by my instructor that the PIC'S that i filled up and signed was lost and need to buy a new one. so here i am asking if i could purchase them myself online.

I agree with Zippsy, Perhaps the PIC was filled out and left to Jason (student) to mail? Not a recommended practice IMO if that is the case. We don't now the facts as the post it not entirely clear. However, String's mention of the temp would allow a follow up and most likely help PADI issue if the instructor contacts them to explain.

Never heard of people trying to self certify. That is a scary prospect!

. . . i was told by my instructor that the PIC'S that i filled up and signed was lost and need to buy a new one. so here i am asking if i could purchase them myself online.

Your Instructor should handle obtaining any PICs.

That's not your responsibility.

Whoever mispalced/lost the signed PIC should have to pay for the replacement.

pic cards:http://cgi.ebay.com/PADI-Item-10018...aultDomain_0&hash=item588708a051#ht_500wt_922

Picture5-5.png

eBay has everything for the diver. :wink:

Just had a thought - you DO have your temporary cards off him? With a photo stuck to them, valid for 90 days etc?

i never got the slip/stub/temporary card... i was think i was lost before it was sent coz a friend told me that they have serial numbers in them, you can't just easily replace one by simply photocopying one... as i was told.

Whoever lost those PICs needs to replace them.
• If the student lost them the student has to pay for new ones (and the instructor should source them). I've seen this happen with students who didn't have a photo, and who said they'd get one and then mail the PIC themselves.
• If the instructor lost them, the instructor is responsible for getting replacements.
• If they were lost in the mail, PADI has a procedure for issuing the certification without anyone buying a new PIC; this requires scanning and sending the completed Training Record pages and a photo.

The instructor should have given you the paper card when he completed the PIC forum. It is just an 'insert' on the PIC form that tears off. It's your proof that you completed the course, pending arrival of your plastic card from the PADI office. The instructor is obligated by PADI standards to give you that paper card once you completed the course.

Back
Top Bottom