Passed my written

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

auberg:
Well, the whole reason I did this is I have a trip to Hawaii coming up in September. Didn't know if I'd ever get to go back, so I thought what could I do to make this trip extra special.

If Hawaii is a one time trip for you, my advice then is to do as much diving as you possibly can between now and September. After you have some experiance underwater you will see more and your tank will last twice as long. Novice divers have to devote to much brain power to the mechanics of diving, staying with budy and so on. Later this all becomes easier and you can concentrait more one the reef and the fishes. Do you novice phase at home where diving is just the cost of an air fill. Shoot for a couple dozen dives before September

For example my son just finished OW class. On his second post certification dive I asked him if he saw those half dozen large bat rays. He says "no" he saw only one as he was working hard to keep me in sight in the poor viz. maintian is bouency as we were acending a slopping bottom. He was at 500 PSI after 27 minutes.
Went back to same place with "regular buddies" who do 100+ dives a year, after an hour we all had lots of air everyone knew where the other two were without haive to keep eyebals glued on fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom