Peeing in your wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only on dive 15, but never peed in any wetsuit. I drink 16 ounces of water before each dive too. On my checkout dives the topic came up, I said I wasn't going to pee, everyone laughed and said I would. I drank 32 oz of water, that day, told everyone I would wait till my suit was off. Then I forgot to pee until after we went to lunch and I had 4 beers. I started to notice it at that point lol. I am not saying I wouldn't do it if I was unconfortable, but I just have never felt the need. I think I sweat alot, which is the same thing. Now I just need to figure out why my boots smell so damned bad.

The first time I pee'd in a wetsuit suit was very liberating for me. Of course, it horrified the other people in the dive shop.

After only 25 dives, I can honestly say that I've relieved myself fifty to sixty times.

Phil

The first time I pee'd in a wetsuit suit was very liberating for me. Of course, it horrified the other people in the dive shop.

Phil

Dang! You should have waited until you were in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I may, I'd like to add a scientific element to the discussion, since there is good sample out there. The question is this: Do you find it harder to pee as depth increases? I do. I find it almost impossible to pee at 90 feet and deeper. On the other hand, wy wife (the scubadiva) holds a personal record of 105 feet. We also follow the "flush the suit and stay off the boat for at least 5 minutes after voiding" rule. ( See "The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette, page 8-9.) So, depth and peeing- lets hear what your experience is.
DivemasterDennis

Last edited:
I have been very fortunate in that all the dive boats I have been on have bathrooms. I have never gone in my wetsuit, but I will re-post if I ever do.

Yea, I have tried to go - I really have - but just can't pee in my wetsuit - I guess I'm just conditioned that it is naughty! But I will keep trying... :D

90% of my dives are in a drysuit, so when the opportunity arises and I'm in a wetsuit, of course I pee.

Hey! First you reside in a great diving area.
About the peeing! when natural calls you must answer. On rented suits some people can't help themselves. they'll pee and you'll never know. Everyone's system is different. I you can hold on without causing yourself harm do otherwise answer the nature call....

Apart from that to sustain body heat one form is by peeing
If you ever get stung by a jellyfish the best and immediate relief, is to urinate on yourself. Only males urine has the potent to help not females as studies show.

As per how many dives. Keep diving and enjoy. When it stops you'll...

Bought my own wetsuit, pee in it all the time, basically every dive. I am not ending my dive because of that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom