Poll: "TEXAS Dive Flag" License Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The idea behind the sport fishing plate will be to convert the picture to a line drawing of the boat's sillhouette, with the sun setting in the background. It may, or may not look "right" when it's done, but TXDOT has gone to digital printing and are capable of holding good detail. I'm still looking at some different ideas for that plate.

I do like the fish idea though..........

So it seems that the general concensus here is for the "Texas Dive Flag". I never would have guessed....

I have been in contact with some people that hold positions that could be very influential in this matter, and things look promising. We may actually be getting somewhere.......finally!

:14:

humanphibian:
1. Would you be willing to purchase the plate?

2. Is the Offshore Reef Development Program an acceptable use of funds?

3. If there were more options for divers in the Gulf would you consider theTexas Gulf
Coast as a primary location for a dive vacation?
1. H*ll yes (four cars between me & my grown, diving, kids) - plus it'll match my tattoo

2. Absolutely, since they probably wouldn't buy me new gear with it

3. Double H*ll yes

I like both the Texas dive flag and the combo plates. I would be willing to have either plate on our vehicles.

I am still waiting for a reply from Dale Shively regarding my last inquiry. It is going on 2 weeks since I sent a mail over asking about the progress. I received a read receipt almost immediatly, but still waiting on the reply...............:huh: I am aware that he has his plate full with other projects, but still.....

I believe that He will be a guest at an upcoming CHUM meeting. Hopefully ChairmanTARAC and others will be there to bring the issue up "on the record".

I'll chime in again when I have more info.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

humanphibian:
I am still waiting for a reply from Dale Shively regarding my last inquiry.

I'll chime in again when I have more info.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott -
I should have said this in my earlier post - MANY MANY thanks for your untiring efforts on this.

Mark

It would be great to have one for divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom