Power strip recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a travel power strip for my upcoming Mexico trip. I normally travel by car so size isn’t a usual concern. Which one have you used and liked? Just need something for iPhone and Apple Watch, and maybe iPad. Dive lights will get charged at the shop I’m diving through. Thanks!

In mexico sometimes it's the sudden loss / restore of power that surges. I've got the small 3 outlet from Tripp Lite that also has 2 usb ports. All of it has surge protection from power spikes. Tripp Lite makes a bunch of really good quality power strips in different sizes and outlets. Cheap power strips are fine for the USA and it's stable electric grid. Mexico and central america is a whole different story when your room lights act like an SOS signal.

In mexico sometimes it's the sudden loss / restore of power that surges. I've got the small 3 outlet from Tripp Lite that also has 2 usb ports. All of it has surge protection from power spikes. Tripp Lite makes a bunch of really good quality power strips in different sizes and outlets. Cheap power strips are fine for the USA and it's stable electric grid. Mexico and central america is a whole different story when your room lights act like an SOS signal.
Thanks! I want a bit of an extension cord, too, so I’ll see what’s on Amazon.

Take a look at this. It is both a voltage converter (not needed in Mexico) but also a surge protector. It is suppose to be much better that most common surge protectors in safeguarding your electronics.

Amazon:
Screenshot_2023-07-29-16-37-33-17_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

absolutely love my Anker 727. Has 2x usb-c, 2x usb-a, and 2x AC on a 5ft extension cord. I travel for a living so it is a one stop shop for me with the exception of international adapters
That is sweet!

absolutely love my Anker 727. Has 2x usb-c, 2x usb-a, and 2x AC on a 5ft extension cord. I travel for a living so it is a one stop shop for me with the exception of international adapters

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. Amazon had a $20 off coupon and with some credit card reward points it only came to $37.

this is the one I think I have. I bought it because it is an AC to AC inverter which creates "clean" power no matter the input. I use it to feed all my electronics while in Mexico in case of low voltage or spikes.

Back
Top Bottom