Power strip recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need a travel power strip for my upcoming Mexico trip. I normally travel by car so size isn’t a usual concern. Which one have you used and liked? Just need something for iPhone and Apple Watch, and maybe iPad. Dive lights will get charged at the shop I’m diving through. Thanks!
Just a complete off-topic...
Great-Lakes --> Mexico by car? ISn't that like almost a weeks driving?

Just a complete off-topic...
Great-Lakes --> Mexico by car? ISn't that like almost a weeks driving?
I’d have to be out of my mind to drive in Mexico. The traffic stressed me out last year when I was there and I was just a passenger. I’d end up road raging.

Got my Anker power strip this morning (when you live in a major metro area and near lots of Amazon DCs, some stuff delivers overnight). Really nice and not that huge.

Aside from a reputable manufacturer, look for surge protectors with USB ports and high joule ratings. Joule ratings are the biggest factor effecting cost and is the most important for protecting electronic devices. I like to have 3-4K+ joules in third-world countries and on liveaboards where you know the power is dirty.

Magnetic-induction chargers are another level of protection for your compatible devices. You can always go back to a cable charger if your induction charger gets fried.

Have a great trip.

Two Notes:
(1) surge protection may not be allowed on some cruise ships
(2) the Anker 727 is 110VAC only....it is NOT dual voltage for 220VAC. If you are traveling internationally, beware.

Two Notes:
(1) surge protection may not be allowed on some cruise ships
(2) the Anker 727 is 110VAC only....it is NOT dual voltage for 220VAC. If you are traveling internationally, beware.
Agreed. We use a small 3 outlet 220 volt power bar with surge protection. Learned the hard way not to plug a 110 volt power bar into a 220 source.

Every device we travel with (including curling iron) can handle 220 input. So no need for power converter, just need the ability to plug things in to different shaped power outlets.

Something similar to this (except ours has a 2 pin "European" cord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom