Prescription bifocal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are big fans of Seavision. I'd estimate we've been using them about 10 years. They have a good selection of masks & their lenses always seem to be spot on underwater.

FWIW, I don't like the tinted lenses. Been there, done that... :ermm:

SeaVisionUSA

I have only used Seavision masks but now I have a hard time to read my gages although the prescription is right.
In warm water and clear seas no problem, but in cold water, low visibility I seen to have a hard time finding the right position (focus) to clearly read, in particular at an angle (I cannot always put the compass or computer in front of me but need to look at it at an angle.)
This is the reason I am looking for an alternate supplier. In addition I asked the question directly at Seavision and got a lesss than helpful answer!
In Europe opticians chatrge up to US$ 1500 for a mask with progressive lenses!!!!!!

In Australia or surrounds can highly recommend scubadoctor.com.au great service just phone through your perscription from your optometrist and the mask you select arrives fitted (I use the same mask every time, I know what fits my face) with the lenses within 3 working days.

I have only used Seavision masks but now I have a hard time to read my gages although the prescription is right.
In warm water and clear seas no problem, but in cold water, low visibility I seen to have a hard time finding the right position (focus) to clearly read, in particular at an angle (I cannot always put the compass or computer in front of me but need to look at it at an angle.)
This is the reason I am looking for an alternate supplier. In addition I asked the question directly at Seavision and got a lesss than helpful answer!
In Europe opticians chatrge up to US$ 1500 for a mask with progressive lenses!!!!!!
You originally asked about bifocal, now you mention progressive. Prescription Dive Masks does bifocals.

Hi everyone,
for the Aussies on the board and maybe the Asian areas could do a deal as it's only delivery in Australia.
I highly recommend mr optical!

Product Listing

After sales service fantastic and they glue glass lenses onto original lenses so quality tops.

Has anyone dealt with Prescription Masks - Snorkel-Mart
for rx masks?
any dive shop will be able to provide this type of service.

note that it is NOT custom ground prescription lens made from your prescription.

it is just a small selection of stock off the shelf lens choices. the sales clerk at the shop "picks" a set of lens for you based upon their limited ability to understand your prescription. no optometrist required!

this is a cheap way to start if your prescription is weak & simple. you can also purchase small stickon "reader" lens to help with gauge reading. you get to choose any lens you want, just like buying cheater glasses at the local drug store. your results may vary.

my divebuddy has always gone the full custom ground prescription mask lens option from an optometrist service. i have always gone the elcheapo route as my prescription is very weak and simple. i will try my first stickin readers next dive trip.

Back
Top Bottom