Prescription bifocal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't even imagine what else I'd see if my mask had prescription lenses! Maybe those whales I encounter are actually boat hulls. Seriously, the difference between what I see (and film) underwater and what I see in my footage topside with my glasses on will eventually have me doing this myself.

My advice would be to do it. I just got back from a week diving with a new prescription mask with bifocal lenses and I really liked it. I paid $279 to have a custom lens made by www.prescriptiondivemasks.com and added to my existing mask. Their service was very efficient and the lens was well made and bonded well to my existing mask. I found that it worked well underwater, with no fogging issues beyond what I would get normally, and it really improved my vision underwater. I consider it money well spent and would use them again if I ever need another lens added to a mask. I am not somebody who "needs" glasses...they are still at the convenience stage for me, but I can't see myself going back to normal lenses underwater. If I decide to switch masks for any reason in the future, the first thing I am going to do is add a Rx lens to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom