Prescription masks

Prescriptions masks are worth it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro:
If you buy a seavision mask they will cut your actual prescription(I have severe astigmatism and get new masks (I usually travel with 3 masks 2 of my current prescription(I always dive with 2 masks) and an emergency mask(old prescription) if one of these gets busted)each time I get my new eyeglass perscription)Its well worth the money, the will even do bi focals and even a "normal view" with a guage reader on the bottom portion (sorta like bifocals but a much more limited depth of field)

http://www.seavisionusa.com/index.asp
Got mine through my LDS, been very happy with it. I also got the gauge readers. FYI, above water, the gauge readers look very distorted, in water, they correct for refraction.

Sea Vision RULES ! ! !

Divers Direct has different lenses and the masks. I live close to one and just went in and tried the different lenses until I got what I wanted. They're online

Yes, but how do you get from the back of the boat to your glasses which are in your dry box in your gear bag in the middle of the boat without running into things, people, etc?

cowprintrabbit:
Yes, but how do you get from the back of the boat to your glasses which are in your dry box in your gear bag in the middle of the boat without running into things, people, etc?

I'm the guy who posted before about needing -7.0/-7.5. When I'm not wearing my contacts, I have to wear my perscription mask 'til I find my glasses. Of course, it affects all of life, not just diving. If I don't remember where I lay my glasses at home, I may never find them again, and will end up with bruises all over my body.

Another happy Seavision user here. My diving is so much more enjoyable as I can see clearly now.

I wear -8.5 corrective lenses, while I really need a custom job (for astigmatism) they are wonderful in the water compared to what I used to use (nothing - just big blurs under the water) the problem is that on land I have NO depth perception with them and stumble and trip over the rocks all the way back to my glasses. Of course I could take my mask off, but then I can't see the rocks at all and still trip over them - lol.

Tim

belugamon:
Any recommendations on prescription masks; I understand they only come in .5 diopter increments? (I have .25 increment).

You might be talking about the box of lens that your LDS has on their shelf for helping those with minor visual issues. Those lens do have a limited range.

I also have a Seavision mask with their lens in it, it is GREAT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom