Project Aware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Don : The cleanup is Sept 19th at Sarnia Bayshore Park, We will have the BBQ set up by the McPherson Fountain. I have given the ok on the Press Release to Wendy and she will be sending it out to the Radio and Newspapers this week. Also to the SWODA club in order they can post it. We also are sending the Press Release to the London Free Press because of the interest from divers in that area. We hope to get Started by 9:00 am and most likely be done by 2:00 pm
We have Sentry as a sponser to fill Divers tanks and we also have No Frills in Corunna donating food & drinks for the BBQ. Waste Services Inc. will donate the Container for the cleanup.
I will post a copy of the Press release.

Hey folks! Great job on the cleanup efforts! It sounds like you are really organized and will have a very successful day because of it.

I grew up in Sarnia but unfortunately didn't get into diving until I moved to BC. I can't wait to go "home" (did I really just say that?!) and see what's in the St. Clair!

Good luck with the cleanup!

Hey folks! Great job on the cleanup efforts! It sounds like you are really organized and will have a very successful day because of it.

I grew up in Sarnia but unfortunately didn't get into diving until I moved to BC. I can't wait to go "home" (did I really just say that?!) and see what's in the St. Clair!

Good luck with the cleanup!

Thanks Sintax, make sure you let us know when you are back home for a visit we will plan a ride in the river:D

Not sure how many divers are coming from London, but we should have a good turnout. Also Shoreline help, Wendy sent me a note on a couple of students.

Great job today everyone. A BIG thank you to Ray, Terry, Jim and everyone else who helped organize this event, we accomplished a wonderful thing for our community today and you should all be proud to have been a part of it. It was great to see strangers passing by and commenting on how wonderful it was that we were cleaning up the water and how they couldn't believe the things we had pulled from the bottom. I also was happy to see the local support from BPF, Sentry, the grocery store in Corunna (No Frills I believe) and Travel Sportz. This is an event that should be added to the radar for next year for sure with some more signage for Sarnia Underwater Club so that our citizens know who is helping take care of their waterfront.....

Thanks for including me in this dive, it was a pleasure knowing that I had a helping hand in keeping our waters clean for people like "little she" to use in the years to come. :dork2:

i just wanted to say thanks to all the organizers of this years cleanup(ray, rod, terry, john, jim sorry if i forgot anyone). I also wanted to thank the volunteers both shore and underwater. it was nice to see the public walking by and they couldn't believe what we had pulled out of the water and had cleaned up on shore.
There was a couple of ladies with their children who came down to eat their lunch and they asked me to pass on a thank you to everyone in our group for cleaning up both the water and shore for everyone to enjoy. They couldn't believe what we had found and said that if we were to do it again next year they would gladly help with anythign on shore they could do.
Again thank you to all the volunteers both shore and divers and here's hoping we can turn it into an annual event.

Hello All I have sent Pictures to the Observer so they can put it in the Paper and they are going to put the Picture of Blake and Brian holding the Sign in the water in the Paper so look out Blake and Brian and i was talking to Terry on Sun and i told him we should do a dive from the duc all the way around down to the law office before winter sets in and to get a idea of what we can do for next years cleanup in 2010

Jeez John "Before winter sets in?" We've got lots of diving to do before then my brother.

Back
Top Bottom