Purchase Atomic Aquatics On-Line!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snhrph:
It is great that Atomic Aquatics started offering their merchandise online, but if there is no price incentive for me to buy directly from them, then why would I :confused:

If I'm paying the same price at LDS and Atomic Aquatics online store, I'll shop LDS. :D

In terms of the quality of advice from LDS staff... Hopefully they are knowledgeable about the products they sell. On the other hand, there is no need to take what they say for granted. With the variety of information sources at our fingertips we need to do our due diligence. I always do my own research before making a decision to buy. Especially considering the prices of our equipment, not to mention the SMALL fact that our lives depend on it.

That's my $0.02.

This new policy by Atomic IS NOT direct sales from Atomic. Actually, other than signing up and allowing this type of sales, Atomic (the manufacturer) has nothing to do with the sales. Shopatron, Inc. will completely manage the site and ALL orders will be directed to local dealers for order fulfillment. Shopatron, Inc. will decide which dealer gets the order based on geographic considerations and a couple of other factors. Atomic has no influence over which dealer gets the order.

Phil Ellis

Atomic has always been available online.

Its called eBay.

Do not afraid to save tons of cash, get a better rig for the same money you'd spend on a cheaper rig.

Any experienced diver is much better off making a relationship with a good certified tech rather than a dive shop, IMO.

If Atomic (or any manufacturer) is selling direct, they SHOULD be selling at MAP or MSRP. The Shops can sell for whatever they want to, so long as its withing the branding guidelines set by the manufacturer.

---
Ken

mike_s:
Pricing at MSRP doesn't really provide the customers anything but an outlet to pay full price for something.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I thought the idea is not to divert sales away from local stores by undercutting their prices, but to leave those local sales intact, but just open up the option of buying new warrantied Atomics to a whole new population of divers who don't have stores in their area selling Atomic regulators. It's a bad idea for a manufacturer to compete with their own dealers, wouldn't you agree?

But from PhilEllis's post looks like it's actually geared toward virtually directing sales to local dealers which is even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom