Qatar Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well another weekend with some great diving at Petes barge. Video to come shortly once I get time to process everything. 29C average water temps, vis was a bit iffy but nothing new there. Finally got the Gremlin out of the dive computers AI transmitter

So took a little time to process this vid, but double dive on Peter's Barge on the 19th of May. Vis was terrible, but no Jellies and at least were back in rash guards and shorts again woop woop. Seems like a fair amount of life on the site at the moment. Water temps are in the 29+C at the moment so happy days

Any nudis living on that barge?

So latest little vid from last Thursdays dive to Pete's Barge, not to worry someplace different this week :).
Water temp was 30 at depth so perfect for shorts and a rash vest and surprisingly no stingers have yet to surface...although am sure it wont be long before they do. Vis was great for that area, best I have seen in recent memory. Didn't shoot too much video as was just enjoying the dive itself.
Standard fish during the dive so nothing new on that front.

So bit of a different dive this week, using stage and side mount we managed a 138 minute dive encompassing two separate dive sites located a few hundred meters form each other. The plan worked perfectly and beats sitting around in 40+C temps between dives. One long dive until after the summer is the way to go. Plenty of marine life to see including a Cormorant which was fishing down at 11 meters, we were not expecting that to say the least (yes its in the video). Some of the wildlife we saw
Blackspot snapper, Arabian Monocle Bream, Decorated Goby, Needlefish, Persian Cardinal fish, Spangled Emperor and my fav the Yellowbar Angelfish. Lots of activity with the water a lovely 31c in the water and no Jellies so far...but I fear they will show up any day now.
Dive details:
Time 138 minutes
Average depth: 13 meters
Max depth: 19 meters
Gas blend: 36% Nitrox
2 divers on sidemount and 2 on 15 liter backmount with 11 liters stage, more than enough gas at the end planned the dive dive the plan, worked a treat

So bit of a different dive this week, using stage and side mount we managed a 138 minute dive encompassing two separate dive sites located a few hundred meters form each other. The plan worked perfectly and beats sitting around in 40+C temps between dives. One long dive until after the summer is the way to go. Plenty of marine life to see including a Cormorant which was fishing down at 11 meters, we were not expecting that to say the least (yes its in the video). Some of the wildlife we saw
Blackspot snapper, Arabian Monocle Bream, Decorated Goby, Needlefish, Persian Cardinal fish, Spangled Emperor and my fav the Yellowbar Angelfish. Lots of activity with the water a lovely 31c in the water and no Jellies so far...but I fear they will show up any day now.
Dive details:
Time 138 minutes
Average depth: 13 meters
Max depth: 19 meters
Gas blend: 36% Nitrox
2 divers on sidemount and 2 on 15 liter backmount with 11 liters stage, more than enough gas at the end planned the dive dive the plan, worked a treat

I think that you should use Qatari music in your videos :p

Well the following is a mixture of 3 dives on two sites GMC (collections of cars) and New Club Reef (man made reef from the early 90s).
Buddies include, Austin, Sue and Doug
Now the weather is cooling and waters is becoming a lot more agreeable we are seeing a fair bit of activity at night, still an absolute daft amount of jellies about at 6 odd meters, makes entry and exits a little sketchy at best. Below 6 meters all is fine, vis as been ok. 2/3 of of the video is the third dive and we were spoiled for activity (spoiled for Qatar for a shore dive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom