Question on NITROX certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IDS_Bill:
When we analyzed it, it was 96%!!! Kinda drives home the point of analyzing your gasses!

What do you mean? Is this a point of discussion?!?
Any moron diving nitrox without first testing the O2 level by himself, should loose his certificate at once! (before loosing his life...)

I did the dives, but would have been bored to death had it not been on a nice Egyptian Reef.
Understanding the principles, doing the calculations AND being told to do the O2 tests should do the trick I think.

I feel that combining Nitrox with the OW-course is not an option. OW-students are usualy too much busy to just 'survive'. Give 'm some time to get used to diving...

WillemII:
What do you mean? Is this a point of discussion?!?
Any moron diving nitrox without first testing the O2 level by himself, should loose his certificate at once! (before loosing his life...)

I did the dives, but would have been bored to death had it not been on a nice Egyptian Reef.
Understanding the principles, doing the calculations AND being told to do the O2 tests should do the trick I think.

I feel that combining Nitrox with the OW-course is not an option. OW-students are usualy too much busy to just 'survive'. Give 'm some time to get used to diving...

Where the heck did OW come up? Divers should have their AOW before nitrox.

And you would be AMAZED at how many morons there are out there that don't think analyzing their gas is a big deal. Finding a tank at 96% just drives home the reason. We usually do the nitrox course in conjunction with the wreck specialty. That way it's a lot of fun but most students don't need an Egyption Reef to get their juices flowing... :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom