Quick Change Neck Seal System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Want Zip Seals but don't want to pay the high prices or don't have a DUI drysuit? We just got some of the new Nek Tite Systems in stock. This flexible system is easy to install and allows for quick neck seal changes at anytime. All you do is roll the yellow ring and neck seal into the neck ring with the provided tool...and viola...you are done!

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/cata...em-p-2712.html

Considering that it costs me $70 or more every time I have to have a new neck seal put in, this is tempting.

You can't glue silicone rubber neck seal on the dry suit, but you can install a silicone rubber neck seal on the new Si Tech neck ring system. This is especially good for someone who may be alergic to latex rubber.

Waterproof Diving International AB in Sweden is developing both wrist seal and neck seal made of silicone rubber. The pre-production samples I had seen at DEMA was very promising. They were very strechy and comfortable to put on and off. In addition, I believe they can last much longer than latex seals.

Cheers,

Terry

Want Zip Seals but don't want to pay the high prices or don't have a DUI drysuit? We just got some of the new Nek Tite Systems in stock. This flexible system is easy to install and allows for quick neck seal changes at anytime. All you do is roll the yellow ring and neck seal into the neck ring with the provided tool...and viola...you are done!

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/cata...em-p-2712.html

I just bought a Fusion and was wondering if there would be alternatives to changing out the seals in the future. Are you going to post a how to video of how to install this?

Carrie

I just bought a Fusion and was wondering if there would be alternatives to changing out the seals in the future. Are you going to post a how to video of how to install this?

Carrie

Yes, we will. I am playing with it a little more to make sure there are no issues. I just installed it on a Fusion yesterday, but I want to do some more testing before I do videos and such for the DIY crowd :wink:

Mike, your site mentions a neck seal isn't included in the cost - how much do those run?

I'm anxiously awaiting hearing your results of how this works on a Fusion. Got my Fusion last March, trimmed the neck according to specs - was great for first 20 dives or so then I started getting wet down the front of me. Sometimes worse than others. When I contacted Whites they suggested I don't move my head so much when diving...:confused::rolleyes:

Any reports on if the polyurethane material lasts as well as the standard? Still need to care for it similarly (seal saver, etc)?

If I'm going to need to replace the seal might want to consider this for ease of doing so again in the future.

I have the neck seals at the shop, I just didn't have a chance to add them to the site last nite :wink:

There is a Silicon Neck seal shown in the pics which is ALOT more durable, stretchy, and comfortable than latex. These are NOT available just yet.

Whites uses Polyurethane seals. Its a mix of Poly and latex. Its more expensive, but less likely to rip or tear with jagged edges which most people have on their seals as they cut them improperly. It is also better for public safety diving as poly has better resistance than latex. But will be the same consistency as far as stretch and comfort.....its just more resistant to ALOT of things.

I do have the Dry adhesive seals on the website now, but these ARE NOT what you would use with this system. You would use those when just gluing in a new neck.

I will have the seal pricing up later today.

You could also change out your seal, it seems you cut it too low so its too lose. This then causes it to leak easy when you move. Whites gave you the cheapest solution, don't move so much. The best solution is a new neck seal and don't cut so much :wink:

Latex neck seals DO stretch over time, and age and become flabby. It's important to trim one in the beginning just to the point where it's fairly uncomfortable but tolerable. Trim it until it's comfortable, and twenty dives later, it will leak.

An Apollo bioseal will temporize a too-large neck seal for a while, but also accelerates its breakdown. I tried a neoprene neck ring (I think from Diving Concepts) with the most recent one, but I couldn't get the seal to sit smoothly on it, so it didn't work very well.

Mike, what adhesive did you use to attach the ring to the urethane?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom