Quick Change Neck Seal System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike - TSandM - live and learn! I'm tolerating getting a bit wet now until the season is over and it's time to put the suit away for a few months. I'll get things taken care of then.

To either of you - how often do you need to replace the Fusion neck seal, generally, under normal circumstances, if someone didn't cut it down too far (for example...) :wink:

I get about 70 dives off a latex neck seal before it gets flabby and starts to leak. (That is, if I trim it correctly in the first place.) I don't know why -- I have been through all the usual things like ozone, ultraviolet, oils, etc., and the only thing I can come up with is that my skin oil eats latex.

Most people I know get a couple hundred dives off a seal, which if you are diving very actively, is only a couple of years at most.

cool info.

Is there a wrist seal system like this in the works?

Your web site says this ring system isn't available until November of 2010 but the price is nice.

I think the perfect neck seal would be this Nek Tite ring and a silicone seal.

Is this ring available now?
Is the silicone seal available?

Thank you,

Randy

Last edited:
Your web site says this ring system isn't available until November of 2010 but the price is nice.

I think the perfect neck seal would be this Nek Tite ring and a silicone seal.

Is this ring available now?
Is the silicone seal available?

Thank you,

Randy

Well, it has been a long road with trying to get them....so I put the date off far in the future. I have a couple that are still unsold ( those 6 are enroute) Not sure when more will be coming. The Silicon necks are currently not released...but within the month...hopefully. The wrists are available now and we will have some in about a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom