Quick Change Neck Seal System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does the fusion feel with the neck system in? I read a review somewhere that states the neck system was uncomfortable with the fusion.

That was the original neck tite they did the review on. You can't even notice it with an undergarment on (new one). The OG neck tite was very stiff. The new one is very pliable and comfy. I just put another on a Fusion today. I only have one or two systems left and they are sold out for a while again.

Price of the install is $135 on a Fusion... on any other suit it is $165. The Fusion is easier to work on than the others with this system, which is why the lower price.

The nice thing is you never have to pay for another neck seal replacement. Just buy some spare neck seals and replace at will :wink:

if I have ordered pinnacle freedom 2 and it is on it's way how long would it take to get a neck seal system in and install it my self? is it easy to do or should I have my dive local shop do the install? what does the seal system cost?

if I have ordered pinnacle freedom 2 and it is on it's way how long would it take to get a neck seal system in and install it my self? is it easy to do or should I have my dive local shop do the install? what does the seal system cost?

I am ordering more from the manufacturer tomorrow. I should have them in about 10 business days.

I can't really comment on how long it would take you or if it would be easy for you......Depends on your experience doing something like this.

The question for you is:
Can you cut your old neck seal out and glue this in its place? Are you comfortable cutting into your suit to install it?

Here is a link:
Si Tech Neck Tite Drysuit Neck Seal System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Got my suit back from Mike a couple weeks ago with the new neck seal. The seal itself is "shorter" than I remember the stock Whites neck seal being and the other difference is that the Si Tech one has a solid ring necessary to hold the seal in place. In use you won't notice that at all, however, when you're donning the suit or walking around with the top unzipped and flipped back over your head this solid ring doesn't exactly allow the top part of the suit to fall backwards as easily as without it in there so it has a tendency to sit straight up behind you. I'm just pointing it out, for me, it's completely a NON-issue.

I didn't have to trim the seal at all and it fits perfectly. There is no messing with making sure it isn't rolled under or having to push it down below the adam's apple like with the stock neck seal and most importantly - I've been 100% dry on the three dives I've done so far! Once this neck seal wears out it will be very easy for me to replace myself which is awesome! Highly recommended both the Si Tech seal system and Dive Right In Scuba!

Thanks Mike!

Got my suit back from Mike a couple weeks ago with the new neck seal. The seal itself is "shorter" than I remember the stock Whites neck seal being and the other difference is that the Si Tech one has a solid ring necessary to hold the seal in place. In use you won't notice that at all, however, when you're donning the suit or walking around with the top unzipped and flipped back over your head this solid ring doesn't exactly allow the top part of the suit to fall backwards as easily as without it in there so it has a tendency to sit straight up behind you. I'm just pointing it out, for me, it's completely a NON-issue.

I didn't have to trim the seal at all and it fits perfectly. There is no messing with making sure it isn't rolled under or having to push it down below the adam's apple like with the stock neck seal and most importantly - I've been 100% dry on the three dives I've done so far! Once this neck seal wears out it will be very easy for me to replace myself which is awesome! Highly recommended both the Si Tech seal system and Dive Right In Scuba!

Thanks Mike!

I assume you're talking about a latex neck seal?

Yes, silicone.

Not out yet for the Neck Seals....maybe within a month or 2 :wink:

Just ordered another 10 neck tites. Have another two suits on the table now with it being installed. Everyone so far loves these things! They are a pain to install though. But once installed, the seals are simple to change.

I installed one for a local FD. If anyone can break it or find an issue, those guys can :wink:

I am installing the neck system on my Fusion, and I was just wondering if the dry adhesive tape works well with it, as opposed to using aquaseal on it. It just seems like the tape would not be able to complete fill any gaps from the existing seam tape for the factory neck seal.

I am installing the neck system on my Fusion, and I was just wondering if the dry adhesive tape works well with it, as opposed to using aquaseal on it. It just seems like the tape would not be able to complete fill any gaps from the existing seam tape for the factory neck seal.

Yes, it does. When ordering, specify that you need the size for a neck tite as it is a bigger size than a normal neck seal adhesive circle.

You will cut all of the old neck seal off except for about 1/8". Clean the neck tite, clean the suit (MEK), and clean the tape. Adhere the tape to the neck tite, let dry/cool. Clean the other side of the tape after pulling the backing off. Put your neck tite on a bar stool, lay the neck hole over it. Have about 8 clamps available and start clamping it together around the neck tite. Make sure you get everything perfectly into position. That is the beauty of the tape. Take your time on this step.....move clamps multiple times if need to get it perfect. When you got it in position, heat up in between one clamp at a time, and really massage everything together with some good force. Then go on to the next spot....and so on. After that, take off one clamp at a time, and heat up where the clamp was, and push that down as well. Let cool for about 20 minutes and leak test.

If you fully cleaned everything( VERY IMPORTANT), and took your time prepping and positioning everything, you will have no issues :wink:

Feel free to send it to us if you are uncomfortable. We do 3-5 a week :wink:

Back
Top Bottom