renatable weights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't even considered packing my own weights until I read this thread. I do plan to shore dive as well as a few boat charters, so I've checked into prices for fill cards and weight rentals. All the sites I've hit specify "weight belts". Sure, they're only about $15/week, so for diving over 4 weeks that's only $60 (US... which is a million dollars Canadian... haha... but hey... our dollar is actually comparing not too bad these days!) Anyway, I don't want a belt. I bought an integrated BC specifically for that reason. In cold water/drysuit that belt is a ton of weight sitting on your hip bones. Anyway, I'm sure if it's a standard webbing belt with bullets I can pull them off and put them in my weight pouches, but another advantage is that the bullets I have fit very nicely. Haven't decided yet, but I have a nice new dive bag with wheels and I'm getting picked up at the airport and am staying in one place with friends, so the extra weight isn't an issue for me.

As for baggage restrictions, you raise good points. It's very important to check specifically with the airline you'll be flying with, as all airlines are certainly not created anywhere equal when it comes to baggage allowances! I'm flying with Harmony direct to Maui. I haven't done so before but I hear good things. Sure must beat Air Canada! I'm not taking a third bag... that's just silly... all I need is a bikini and my wetsuit "collection" :wink: ...but it was interesting to read none the less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom